PDA

View Full Version : New toy - wideband controller

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Been after one of these for months for a reasonable price after selling my LM1 . As well as measuring AFR it can with extra sensors display boost and egt and it can be hooked up to a laptop which is the only reason I didn't go down the plx route.

Wodjno
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice 1 Peter..

Looks like a good bit of kit /yes

PS... Lucky again in the Quiz last month i see :D

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice 1 Peter..

Looks like a good bit of kit /yes

PS... Lucky again in the Quiz last month i see :D

It came out best in test for the cheaper end of the market and yes very lucky in the quiz

Mark 4
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Peter

Why did you sell the LM1 ?

Also, why did you sell the Forge Recirc valve that I bought from you ?

Are you finding that certain set ups are not working ?

Mis matches are common when products are sourced from a variety of manufacturers. We need to share experiences and results.

I have had very squealy brakes. Just posted on another thread about it. But I have modified my driving style to suit. It does not suit any driver/car that is behind me but, hey ho, them is the choices.

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Hey Peter

Why did you sell the LM1 ? It locked up on me and I had to send it back to Innovate in the states after I tried to download the data. Turns out this is a common problem and can only be sorted by innovate if all the reset procedures fail.

Also, why did you sell the Forge Recirc valve that I bought from you ? No problem with the valve ,just wanted to try a VTA again as I initially thought I had fueling problems with the original apexi VTA i had. This turned out to be a faulty fuel cap that was causing a stong smell of petrol.

Are you finding that certain set ups are not working ? Only thing I have not been happy with is the daiyama suspension. I have had no problems with my ARC box and from previous afr runs they have been fine with none of the problems associated with cone filters

Mis matches are common when products are sourced from a variety of manufacturers. We need to share experiences and results.

I have had very squealy brakes. Just posted on another thread about it. But I have modified my driving style to suit. It does not suit any driver/car that is behind me but, hey ho, them is the choices. I have carbotechs as well and no squealing since they were bedded in properly.

Mark 4
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice one Dude.

Most difficult was the brake pads, how did you deal with it ?

peter thomson
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Nice one Dude.

Most difficult was the brake pads, how did you deal with it ?

I just used the instuctions that came with them and they have been fine since then.

peter thomson
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Installed today and working fine. It will also log rpm and tps but I haven't connected those up yet. The display is nice and easy to read .Just have to decide where to position it

peter thomson
03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Removed the clock and fitted it in there

aboo
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Looking good Peter. Are you going to do something to fill in the gaps at the side's?

peter thomson
03-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Looking good Peter. Are you going to do something to fill in the gaps at the side's?

If it wasn't for the flash you can't see the sides . I have a few gauges to fit as well so will decide after they are sorted out if I need to fill it. There a button on the side of the controller though which may make that job a bit awkward