PDA

View Full Version : Year 2000 VR4 Alternator

jtiong
03-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Hi there. I am planning on sounds upgrade and wondered if it was necessary to upgrade my stock alternator. Does anybody know any details of the stock ones, i.e how many amps do they give out. I wish i got an english version of the manual but i dont.. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

My car is a Japanese import if thats any use.

On a different matter what would be your first upgrades in a stock Year 2000 VR4. I am thinking perhaps an exhaust change but they seem a bit dear.. hmmm suggestions?

Thanks for your time

Brind
03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
You only need to upgrade your alternator if you're considering class A amps and other heavy stuff really so the standard one will probably be more than enough to run what you'd need.
Just ensure you have the system only running while the engine is if you have huge power drains, other than that a bigger battery will be alot more benificial, the original Jap batteries are tiny!!!

If you want any serious answers try this forum http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/ I've used it a few times and know a few people who use it alot.

If the supplement manual you get there is anything like ours, you aren't missing much! it's pretty crap really.

Spirit
03-06-2003, 09:38 PM
I can vouch for the manual, as Brind says they are pretty crap and would not give you anything like the sort of info you need there mate.

Pete