PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!! Can the FTO brakes work?

Andre
04-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Iwould like to know if the FTO brakes can fit on the galant vr4 i seriously need brakes but i have 16inch rims and i don't want to change them . i seriously need brakes my brakes are warped . help me please can the FTO's brakes fit?

-LegnumVR4-
04-06-2003, 02:50 AM
The wheels of the FTO do fit the VR-4 so maybe the rotors will. Maybe ring Mitzy to see if the part numbers match up?

haydar
04-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Andre
Iwould like to know if the FTO brakes can fit on the galant vr4 i seriously need brakes but i have 16inch rims and i don't want to change them . i seriously need brakes my brakes are warped . help me please can the FTO's brakes fit?

You mgiht want to upgrade your brake disk as the VR4 warps it's disk on a regular basis. You'll find the EVO IV disks will fit with 16" rims. In fact I've fitted EBC Turbo grooved Evo 4 disks which are 100% better than the standard VR4 disks.

Brind
04-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Discs don't warp, it is when you brake heavily the discs and pads get very hot, when you brake until the vehicle comes to a stop they are so hot that when you keep your foot on the brake the pads imprint particles on the discs giving you that impression, skimming the discs will bring back their performance.
The best cure is to pump the brakes and don't come to a complete stop after very hard and long braking, you'll never get that problem again.
Another way to stop it is to use very hard pads which don't imprint the discs so much.

If you want proof in my comments check out this link: http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363

Andre
04-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Where can i get modification evo 4 brake rotors from on the net ? or where can i get brake rotors for the evo 4 4 online ?

zentac
05-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Sorry guys not been round for a while. I just cross referenced the FTO front disks and they are different part numbers to the VR4