PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket ECU

Piers1989
06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
If I wanted to go the aftermarket route and get a new mappable ecu, does anyone know where I can get a suitable 1 for the Legnum.

AlanDITD
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Dpends on what you for mate, you can either go for the piggy back route, such as an AFC, or the map ecu's etc etc.

Or the other option is to go full standalone, emerald, DTA etc etc

If you go full standalone PM me my tunner can get the two above plus a few more at very good prices.

If you go full standalone though you will have to have a new loom made up.

First thing to do is find someone who tunes cars and ask them what they can do. No point buying somthing then finiding theres no one within a 300mile radius can touch it. ;)

elnevio
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Worth a look at this current thread: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38862

Piers1989
07-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Dpends on what you for mate, you can either go for the piggy back route, such as an AFC, or the map ecu's etc etc.

Or the other option is to go full standalone, emerald, DTA etc etc

If you go full standalone PM me my tunner can get the two above plus a few more at very good prices.

If you go full standalone though you will have to have a new loom made up.

First thing to do is find someone who tunes cars and ask them what they can do. No point buying somthing then finiding theres no one within a 300mile radius can touch it. ;)

I dont think theres many turners anywhere around here, but im hoping that if I get an aftermarket ECU, have it mapped professionally, and have teh diagnostic software myself I can make subtle adjustments if needed to the map.

About needing a new loom, would it not be possible to use all the exisitng wiring and just splice it onto the new connector?

AlanDITD
07-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Theres a fantastic tuner five mins down from my house, he can supply fit and map. Although hes just waiting to have his 4wd rollers installed.

Be about 1:30 from ulverston to here to get it mapped i would say.

Piers1989
07-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Theres a fantastic tuner five mins down from my house, he can supply fit and map. Although hes just waiting to have his 4wd rollers installed.

Be about 1:30 from ulverston to here to get it mapped i would say.

Any idea how much he might charge?

Also is there a significant benefit with going for a whole new ECU rather than a piggyback?

Wodjno
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Any idea how much he might charge?

Also is there a significant benefit with going for a whole new ECU rather than a piggyback?
Only if your going for stupid horsepower !

And as your asking the price of how much it would cost for a supply, fit and MAP ! I would say your not ...
Cos you need real deep pockets /yes

Piers1989
07-04-2009, 12:30 AM
I dont have the money to do serious mods like uprated turbos etc so am I right in thinking id b better off with just a piggyback system?

Wodjno
07-04-2009, 12:36 AM
If your just after a bit more power then £200-300 spent on a fuel controller and second hand EBC will see a very good gain..
For a Pre Facelift you should see a gain from 257bhp to 280-290bhp..

AlanDITD
07-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Totally agree to be honest, i should have put that in my other post.

I will speak to him this week anyway as he is planning some work on my car, ill find out roughly what hes charging to supply fit and map. More out of interest than anything else ;)

Cheers