PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to get this bodykit?

mk112
15-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Looks like the "super VR4" body kit,any one has any ideas?
SEE HERE (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/158718)

BraindG
15-04-2004, 10:02 AM
sent him an email

Danger DANJ
16-04-2004, 04:23 PM
I just thought I would post the reply I sent to Barry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Barry,

My kit? Well, it's a mixture of different parts. Being from the U.S. there isn't much aftermarket attention for Galants and there are only 3 kits (soon to be 4) available which everyone has. I wanted something different than everyone else, so I had different JDM parts imported. My bumpers are stock on a JDM Galant VR-M, my side skirts and front lip pieces are from the JDM Super VR-4 lip kit, and the fender flares are stock on a JDM Galant VR-4 Type-S. Being that the parts are for a JDM spec Galant, there was some modification involved to get everything to fit. The front bumper was a real pain. The front lip pieces, being made for a VR-4 front bumper, had to be drastically modified to fit the VR-M front bumper. Anyway, I got the Super VR-4 lip kit imported from Taiwan by a company called GD Imports which is no longer in business. The bumpers, which came with a set of side skirts identical to the ones with the Super VR-4 lip kit, were imported from Hong Kong from a company called Ecarboy. Their website is ebodykit.com but for whatever reason, they list the bumpers and side skirts as a VR-4 kit even though the bumpers are from a VR-M. The fender flares were imported from a Mitsubishi dealership in New Zealand for me by a fellow member of The Galant Center who had some sort of a connection. Being that they came straight from a dealership, they were rather expensive. It took me about 2 years to aquire and finally get everything installed. I spent quite a bit of money too. I just wish I had twin turbo and all wheel drive :)

If you have any other questions, let me know.

David

Spirit
16-04-2004, 05:51 PM
I admire your dedication David, two years and a lot of money - wow !

Top man !

Pete

BraindG
16-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks for getting back to us David....

who was is thats got that lip kit? think its a silver legnum..

Simon
16-04-2004, 10:53 PM
"Jaysback" from Swindon has the lip and extra large spoiler on the rear........ive some info somewhere as this was a "special" model.........

simpsonm
17-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I like the leather galant seats!!!

mk112
17-04-2004, 01:37 PM
I think ULTRAVR4 talked about getting those lip kit before.HERE (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1308&highlight=lip)
And I can't open the website that he gaves(www.speedfactory.co.nz).
I gonna talk to a Christchurch local shop about it once I got my car fixed,they said they can import parts from Japan&Taiwan.

ReggieK
17-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I like the leather galant seats!!!

I second that, they look really cool. Where did you get them from?

Danger DANJ
19-04-2004, 01:50 PM
I second that, they look really cool. Where did you get them from?

I got the leather from www.katzkin.com and installed it myself. It was a real pain to install, but well worth it.