PDA

View Full Version : Bootlid wanted

chris g
06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Wanted - for 1999 VR-4

Bootlid - preferably Black - without standard VR-4 wing

Current bootlid has LARGE Evo style wing and I prefer the wolf in sheeps clothing style of OE

I am ALSO getting a little worried about the attention the car is getting and particularly may get from our boys in blue

Any ideas about obtaining a slightly used replacement - preferably close to home in Lancs

Chris

BraindG
06-04-2003, 04:00 PM
you looking for a standard spoiler? or the entire lid?

Spirit
06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Wasn't someone talking about a scrapped VR-4 on the MLR not so long ago ? May be worth a traul ?

Pete

chris g
06-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Just the lid - no spoiler

Got my MASSIVE Evo style spoiler in your face on the car - should I take it off? but heel, it looks good at times!

Plus an OE spoiler obtained from Japan - hiding in a spare room against a wall but subtle and not revealing of the true POWERFUL nature of the car it sits on - or will sit on if I ever get a bloody bootlid

Chris

BraindG
06-04-2003, 04:34 PM
to be honest, best thing to do would be contact some scrappies.. the normal Galants Bootlid will fit on with no problems..

you have got a higher chance finding a black galant at a scrappies, and a Black VR-4 :)

in my opinion loose the spoiler.. its more fun people not knowing the car is fast, or not thinking its fast cos of the phatt spoiler.. keep them wondering.. then waste them :D