PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 16/17" wheels

Kieran
15-04-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm fed up of 14s.... Even the Mitsubishi Mechanic commented that the Galant doesn't look right on teeny tiny wheels the other day!!! :shifty:

Anyone got a set of 16s or 17s to fit a GLS? Specs below....

4 stud
114.3 PCD,
offset 35-42.

Don't mind if they need a refurb, provided they're not buckled!!

Kieran
16-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Bump! :$

Anyone?...........

Please?! :sad3:

lorriman
16-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Kieran

Can't help with the wheels mate, but steer (no pun intended) clear of the Mitsi twin spoke ones on the latest models. They're crap. I've had three buckle now and I haven't hit anything with them. My garage said they have a serial wheel bender for a customer as he's gone through 5 already.

What's more the laquer comes off as well!

Good luck with the hunt.

Nigel

Kieran
16-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks Nigel!

The 'Sport' rims were tempting me... You may have just saved me a lot of grief by the sounds of it! :thumb1:

ritch_w
16-04-2004, 07:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2473499416&category=28648

bit pricey tho.......

colVR4
19-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one having problems with the sport rims. When I first got the car I went to get them balanced and I was told that they were slightly buckled. It transpires, after talking with a mitsi engineer, that the alloy is too soft and they buckle on the inside edge a little too easily.

I am looking for alternative wheels at the moment so if you have any joy Kieran let me know. I haven't a clue what I should be looking for apart from the number of studs. Is there a particular spacing for the studs that I need to quote, and what is the deal with the offset?

Nick Mann
19-04-2004, 06:29 PM
The pcd and offset are the two things you need for replacement. The pcd must be exact as it controls the spacing of the holes. The offset is where the wheel sits when viewed along the length of the car. There are a couple of good threads explaining all this, will try a search....

Kieran
19-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Is there a particular spacing for the studs that I need to quote, and what is the deal with the offset?

Nick's right, there are several threads that deal with this. All UK models have the same hub bettings, no matter what model. You need wheels with the following specification:

4 Stud
114.3 PCD
Offset can be between 35-42. No idea if this alters if you plan to lower the car:

/Grabs megaphone :soapbox:

IAN!!! Can you help me here?! :bow: What are your alloys and did lowering the car alter anything?