PDA

View Full Version : Wing mirror question!

Pescha
04-06-2003, 10:05 AM
I know this may sound silly .....

BUT do the VR4's have demisters on their wing mirrors:Ponder:

Cheers,
Pescha!

BraindG
04-06-2003, 10:21 AM
erm i dont :( how can you tell? the little logo on the mirror? (like the 6g galant i had) or is there a button?

Brind
04-06-2003, 10:52 AM
I'm 99% sure they are.
Mine fold in at the flick of a switch, does anyone elses do that? ( I mean the previous shape)

BraindG
04-06-2003, 12:19 PM
yeah, mine do it under mind control.. but i think for the later models, they decided there was a issue with the software, resorting to what you have, a simple button...

to be honest, i cant even remember if my wing mirrors defrost, cant even remember ice on them :( curse my drunken childhood...

jaysback
04-06-2003, 02:30 PM
mine is a jap import and has folding mirrors on the switch, also demists when the rear demister is on:cool:

Nick VR4
04-06-2003, 02:58 PM
As far as I know yes
Unless you dont have electric folding mirrors defrost works when you put heated rear window on
:)

You also have a small heater on the front screen to stop the blades sticking to the glass button is r/h side near air vent

Ailsa
04-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Ours has the auto angle, auto demist stuff aswell.

Don't you just love all the gadgets/hidey holes & cup holders!!:cool1:

Pescha
04-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Thank god I'm not going loopy! :p

Yesterday morning I put the back and front demisters on and I noticed tha the wing mirrors demisted by themseleves without me wiping them manually. I thought "nah that can't be" (don't ask me why I thought that) and later on in my journeys to work I had turned all demisters off and I must of been heavy breathing again as I was starting to fog up again. So once again I put the demisters on and the wing mirrors demisted by themseleves again!:D

I too have the fold in wing mirrors that turn in by a flick of a switch! :cool:

So thanks guys for clearing that up for me!

Cheers,
Pescha!

Brind
04-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh wait, we were lying!!!! YOUR CAR IS POSSESSED!

Pescha
04-06-2003, 08:55 PM
HA HA!

I wouldn't put it past this household lol! The car would fit in quite nicely if it was!

Thanks again!

Pescha.:p

-LegnumVR4-
04-06-2003, 10:26 PM
When i had my VR4 in bits i didn't see any wires going directly to the mirrors, just the motors to adjust the mirror and to fold it in. I've never had the mirrors fog up (hasn't been cold enough) so haven't notice anything.

Brind
04-06-2003, 10:30 PM
That just proves my possessed theory! :devil2:

scc
12-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Just out of curiosity. Where is the switch located to flick the wing mirrors?

Cheers,

Brind
13-07-2004, 12:15 AM
On the right hand side with the rest of the buttons.
Thin vertical shaped button, it moves in three places: fold in/nothing/fold out.

scc
13-07-2004, 12:34 AM

Do you know if it is possible to take a pair of VR4 electric folding mirrors and
add them to a GLS? i.e. are all the connections there?

Cheers.

Jimbo
13-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Do you know if it is possible to take a pair of VR4 electric folding mirrors and add them to a GLS? i.e. are all the connections there?

Can't see any reason why not? I know people that have done this on other cars, and I can't see why this one would be any different. Maybe try and get the motors and bits from that VR4 that's breaking on EBAY? Unless Kieran's added that to his list already :lipsrseal

Kieran
13-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Can't see any reason why not? I know people that have done this on other cars, and I can't see why this one would be any different. Maybe try and get the motors and bits from that VR4 that's breaking on EBAY? Unless Kieran's added that to his list already :lipsrseal

This was one of the things on my list! I admit! :$ However....

The GLS loom is different. Later UK cars are not such a problem, but whilst i've been meddling with the MMCS, I've discovered that the GLS loom has several differences to the higher spec JDM/later UK loom.:( You have the movement controls, but you're missing the two 4.5v 'fold' and 'unfold' signal lines. It could be a bugger to get them to operate, as I think the switch is not a simple 'on/off' idea. I think it winds it's way back to the ETACS module behind the dashboard and the ETACS unit sends out the signal.

What I'm saying is that anything's possible and I may still be wrong, but for the moment I've binned that idea on the basis of not wanting to fry anything!!