PDA

View Full Version : Drifting days out

Brind
16-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Just seen this posted on another forum.
.................................................. .........................

Hi Guys,

Drifting Club for southerners!,

I've set up a new UK Drift Club, simply because no one else was organising one & I wanted somewhere to drift all day in safety. www.conedodgers.co.uk

Anyway I have venues booked at Andover & Bordon, both are huge open tarmac areas & will feature coned drifting & slalom courses. It'd be ideal for anyone who wants to try it out, it's all very safe nothing to hit & run on a sprint format.

We even have a tyre man booked who can supply cheap part worn tyres even large 18" sizes.

I assume there are quite a few of you who think this looks like fun, well it is, you'll learn heaps about car control & you can turn the TC button off all day, it's all about getting it sideways.

Costs are £60 per car & £15 per additional driver.

Dates so far are:
Monday 26th April Andover
Sunday 9th May Bordon
Friday 9th July Andover
Sunday 15th August Andover

If any of the members want to form a drifting group I'm all ears, as I've set this up on a club basis it can be quite low cost if we have enough members. My number is on the website if anyone wants to give me a ring.

PS First event will have some serious rally car machinery with drivers who want to learn to drift, bring your earplugs!

Brind
16-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Probably way to far out for most of you to travel but it's an idea anyway.

This is something I'd love to have a go at.
Dunno if the VR-4 would be twitchy enough to get it to do anything but I'm looking to take out my 200SX, you can't get a more agile car than those I'm sure.