PDA

View Full Version : The Galant

mesobitchy
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
if this is in the wrong section let me know so i can get ready for a beating /bat /lol

Its a bit of a long first post to this but alot has taken place :)

might as well make a start.
im not gonna be doing much to this car as i like it the way it is.
just gonna "inhance" a few bits here an there.

to start with on the "todo" list was get it taxed, done that.
then get the gear box bearings changed, doing that on the 26th.
also the cluch as well.

but in the mean time we took a little road trip to see "a man about a dog" ;)
and on the way out we decided, well when i say we i mean Garry decided to go for the little selection of audio stuff.
also put some cash down towards the sports bumper,grill an skirts along with a few other bits.

like i said, not lot is gonna be visible changes, im going stealth with this one ;)

so for now this is a few pics of what we have done todate:

what install? :lol:

more toys that arrived..... :D

:D :D :D :D

then the clutch arrived with more wires.....

okies here ya go, the car is not quite 100% finished but its a bloody hell of a lot colser the what it was on friday....

okies its now monday, the work took place over the wekend after a very long an annoying wait friday night....

we "broke down" on the M4 at roughly 8.30pm on friday...
and called the AA. they told us abou a 45 to 1 hour wait, not bad considering it was a friday night.
well 2 hours later they turned up... only to take us to the nearest services....
we had told them we are going to colechester, but the guy insisted on reading services.
then when we got there he was like, " we will wait for controll room tocall an see what the plan is"
so we waited.... and waited.... in the end he called up an they said dunno as the AA isnt answering...
he sed well i can stop here an unload an they can wait for someone else or i can take them to south mimms were they can have a coffee
an wait while there cr is loaded on to the back of another truck to take them the rest of the way.

he was told to wait an unload at reading services....
it was a further 2hours from there before someone picked us up to take us the rest of the way.
well thank god it was an ungoverend lorry that arrived!!
70mph all the way :D got to Garrys dads place roughly around 3/3.30ish AM!!
unloaded the car after we tucked it away in the garage.

About 4hours later we were all up an ready to start work on the car :)

on the first day we managed to lower the engine, take the gear box off a set to work.
while garry played with the wireing for the pc :)

day 2 we finished off the car but we had a few problems.....

the bearngs that had to come off were bit stuck but brute force an swearing did the trick.
then the air con pipe got split..... oh well not gonna miss it, but it just means more money to replace the main high pressure pipe....
the slave cylinder is screwed, so on went a new one.
crankshaft seal was split, so on went a new one.
damper valve is spoungy for the cluch.. notta worry gonna bypass that.
new powersteering pipe is on.
nd the rad had sprung leak, so in went some rad weld.
along with fresh oil an a new filter :)

then there was a problem with the pc.... the sound drivers didnt wanna work so gotta reintall windows.....

well in the end we are all happy with the results an left colechester about 9pm sunday night.
bugger... 3 hour drive head with no music :(
kai asleep in the back and garry out for the count by the time we hit the M25, lol
an e struggling to keep my eyes open! oh what fun, but i did abuse the fact i had cruise controll.
so i set it then sat back an let the car do the rest :)
got home about 12 :)

anyways here are some pics :)
in no order.

*** continued on third post below ***

Atik
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice stuff... I was really looking into a Car-PC until I bought my double din unit.

Loving the shots on the M4 at night. Super slow shutter speed :D

mesobitchy
01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
*** continued from first post ***

My fave pics, taken by the side of the M4 while we waited.

this is all that we took as most the time we were all very busy.

i was out playing with the car yesterday as i wanted to get to know the frontend system working in my car.

also i took the time to grab a few shots of the paintwork were the rain had started to "beed".
god iv not see that effect on any of my cars for such a long time!!
it was bloody good to see it again, i tell ya.

well i was gonna go play with it again today but Garry has taken it.....
and left me slumming it with the prelude /lol

*** end of first post continuation ***

heh, it was something iv wanted to do for ages, but didnt know how to go about it till i met garry.
its got a bit more work to do to it before its 100% finihsed but its better then the tape deck i had lol.

as for them m4 shots..... 30second delay shutter :) an blancing it on the crash barrier, /lol

oh an the paint isnt black... its more dark blue/purple/glittery with hints of green . is it a mitsubishi color?
im wanting a respray soon but dont know what color one of the old owners had it done as the car was orignaly white.

Kieran
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey, cracking work there - And you've just fixed the biggest weak point of the Manual V6 - the input shaft bearings! Now you've done that you're good to go as there's not much else that goes wrong with them! :afro:

Since you mention it, You posted in the right area - However, seeing as your thread uses a lot of 'linked' images, I've moved it so they appear. We prefer people to upload images as it means that they get backed up and stay there (whereas Imagebucket accounts can be suspended, etc), but I don't think that's really needed in this case. :)

And yes... Good to see a 'beading' bonnet shot there... Keep it that way or suffer the wrath of the Club Clean Police! /bat :D

mesobitchy
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
lol!!! oooh does this mean i get lil minions cleaning the car for me???? /lol

its just a bit of hard work atm with me not being 100% so i got littlen an the other half cleaning it for me an the stone chips put me off cleaning it :(
then the odd colour wing mirror as my wonderfull peeps next door decided to smash it off after me returning there used fag ends which i found in my front garden :( to$$ers!
still loads to do, got the tappits to do as they are nosiy but im not liking the prices :(
cam belt to do in the next month and replace the air con pipe. might as well by-pass the damper on the slave cylinder as its spoungy.

yeah no probs, normaly what goes in to my photowhore account stays there...

oh yeah .... its not just the imput shaft bearing that got changed....
it was ALL of them... just to be safe likes :)

Nick Mann
01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Try a good engine flush to quieten the lifters. It often works and it is a whole load cheaper! :thumbsup:

Kieran
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM
.......then the odd colour wing mirror as my wonderfull peeps next door decided to smash it off after me returning there used fag ends which i found in my front garden :( to$$ers!......

Pfft! Did PC Plod have anything to say about this?! :speechles

mesobitchy
02-10-2008, 09:31 AM
the boys in blue....
ya aving a larff mate, "im sory but unless you have some hard evedence there is nothing we can do."

*vents some steam*

its okies tho, i got my own back on the buggers :D

were i live is owned by housing assoation, so a quick call to them......
might have had sommat to do with the pics i took.... /lol
and guess whos gona all quite, not a single peep from them.
woooo party!!! no more shanty town in the back garden, no more smoke me outta m home BBQs, no more drunken late night partys, no more rubbish in any of my gardens an no more loud music to god know what time!

an back to the car....
yup done the flush an fresh oil an filter. i guess it is just one of them things thats on the "to do" list.....

AncientOfMu
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
that looks like fun :).

I have a soft spot for the V6-24's being the owner of one :afro:

When youve done the interior and got the system how you want are you going to tackle the outside?

If you want to look at pics of a V6-24 with facelifted front end look in my Garage :).

Oh and if you want any help getting your paintwork sorted... feel free to shout.

mesobitchy
02-10-2008, 11:17 AM
got the face lift bumper,grill an skirts on the way, they be in silver tho, same as the wing mirror.
im sticking to the 15s as its cheaper to rubber, gonna try and go for the sports bonnet as well. as sadly the owner before me had a slight encounter of the coras kind, not much damage, just bonnet and wing, to crack and rust an also ever so slighty push the bonnet back, not found a rear i like yet.
lower the nose for the more meaner look. not sure if i want to put a cone filter on to "inhance" the roar, also not sure if i wanna put an after maket back box on, sound nice but having done all the out landish body styling with this little number.......

(sorry had to get her in somehow /lol and yes i still got her on the drive. a shaddow of her former self :( )

im sorta over it an wanna go stealth :)

and yes, hell yes im wanting help on the paint, it looks like a right dog atm :(
an any hints on how to remove bike oil from the very clever idea of a cream carpit boot more then welcome...
i mean who the hell thought it was a good idea to put cream carpits in a family car?!

AncientOfMu
02-10-2008, 11:26 AM
and yes, hell yes im wanting help on the paint, it looks like a right dog atm :(
an any hints on how to remove bike oil from the very clever idea of a cream carpit boot more then welcome...
i mean who the hell thought it was a good idea to put cream carpits in a family car?!

If you go to www.detailingworld.co.uk and there is an interior section. If you do some searching you should find some tips and hints.

Beastlee
02-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Kieran's comment about uploaded images is extremely valid. Many employers, like mine, block the linked images so I have no idea what your car looks like...and from what I've read I'd love to see it.

mesobitchy
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Kieran's comment about uploaded images is extremely valid. Many employers, like mine, block the linked images so I have no idea what your car looks like...and from what I've read I'd love to see it.
:D thanks :D
there is talk about driving it to italy next yeah when i go back there.(no i dont live ther but i do have family there) an i sorry, we might take a detour to germany.... only for one reasion mind you ;)
also with a bit of luck, next year we will also be attending some shows, this year we have had to give it a miss due to not having, A: either a working car to go in, or B: a car that works that was big enough to fit all the camping stuff plus all 3 of us!

but i think the galant has solved these problems on lack of space /lol

If you go to www.detailingworld.co.uk and there is an interior section. If you do some searching you should find some tips and hints.
as long as there be no piccys to look at....
i think that will kill my mobile dongle thing....

mesobitchy
13-10-2008, 09:36 AM
update :)

got the windscren fixed a few days back, had a nice little stone chip right in y eye line! and....
The car is booked in for an all belts changed on november 1st :D

will let ya know how it goes :)

so im gonna be driving up to colchester on the 31st i might get spotted but then again..
bugger i wanted the green lights fitted for halloween :(
next year...
along with the curtins, lol!

mesobitchy
30-10-2008, 10:33 PM
New toys! :D

collected tonight the sports front bumper and grill, side skirts, head lights,
nardi steering wheel and boot cover :D

im one happy bunny :D
pics to follow shortley.... like over the weekend shortly if i remember /lol

mesobitchy
02-11-2008, 12:04 PM
jus a lil update for ya all......
got a call last night to say eveything was going well :)
but im gonna need a new rad as my brand new top pipe had collapsed again an the rad sprung another leak ..... bugger.
but the new belts were in place along with the new tensioner :)
no need for a new water pump.
new-ish back wiper blade on, woo i can see outta the back window now! /lol
an all the windows, inside and out have been cleaned :D
had 2 guys, farther and son, in the back rubbing some off..... oil stains off!
so now the boot is all oil free an clean, and the trim fits perfect again :)

bad news:
BLOODY MITSUBISH!
went to order that A/C pipe for £12, turns out its the wong pipe!
yet myself, confused AND two greece monkies all agreed that the pipe we needed was the one we all pointed out on the dirgram!
turns out thats not the case, :(
so we found out what one it is an ordered that instead, bit annoyed as it ment its now in an we cant pick up till thursday, also means this weekend would have been perfct since that side of the engine was hanging out!
but now we gotta wait, but least we now have the right pipe.

back to good news :)
the nardi steering wheel is fitted with the cruise controll fitted to the wheel.
boot cover is in place an the kit for the HIDs are on there way :)

mesobitchy
05-11-2008, 11:19 AM
another update.
mitsubish cant seem to find there heads from there arses!
they ordered another pipe after there first attempt, but this time with out the 90degree bend....
told me i have to do it myself! WTF?! im not paying £51 + VAT to bend a bloody pipe myself!
going back thursday to have some words.

new rad needs to be ordered as mine sprung another leak....
but some good news, i got new jap plates on the car now! :D
god they make a differance :)

AncientOfMu
05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
PICS :D

need more update pics.

sounds like its all going to plan :D

:pimp2:

mesobitchy
05-11-2008, 03:32 PM
ahh yeah pics, not much im affraid,
for now its just the goodies, bumper, grill an skirts.
i get some more once i get the car back, its gone off to london today an wont be back till tomorrow evening.
oh an theres a short vid of an
"old man rubbing one out in the back of a car!" /lol:speechles
i will add this later..... /lol

pics for now:

mesobitchy
05-11-2008, 03:39 PM
i know im missing the middle bit off the bottom of the bumper, but we got plans for that, gonna keep it but smooth it off with filler :)
just to give it shape.

went to see about matching paint,
came across some problems,
1, only do solvent based paint in a rattle can an costs £11 a 400ml can, but it can be spot on match:inquisiti
2, for the gun its only water based an harder to color match:thinking: but cheaper, = cheap paint, crap finish/Grrr

so im gonna go rattle can just to cover the bumper an skirts for now,
then when we come to do the entire car were gonna choose another color.
totly gutted cos found out we had the fine mist metllic with pearl essence.
sooo soooooo annoyed that they cant sell the matched color for the gun, big thanks to the bloody goverment an there "go green" ideas./pan
there goes the high quility paint finishes for cars!

valleyforge1
06-11-2008, 01:06 PM
the boys in blue....
ya aving a larff mate, "im sory but unless you have some hard evedence there is nothing we can do."

*vents some steam*

its okies tho, i got my own back on the buggers :D

were i live is owned by housing assoation, so a quick call to them......
might have had sommat to do with the pics i took.... /lol
and guess whos gona all quite, not a single peep from them.
woooo party!!! no more shanty town in the back garden, no more smoke me outta m home BBQs, no more drunken late night partys, no more rubbish in any of my gardens an no more loud music to god know what time!

an back to the car....
yup done the flush an fresh oil an filter. i guess it is just one of them things thats on the "to do" list.....

Just be careful what you put up on the club site mate, you never know whos looking around these web pages. Just some advice.

That motor is looking fansatic. I admire the amoount of effort you are putting into the project. Not much up on the mechanical side of things, myself, but i keep reading these project and iam putting bits of things together.

It looks like the wireing looked like a nightmare.

mesobitchy
06-11-2008, 01:39 PM
they fully know it was me that reported them.
all i did was collect evedence agenst them with the crap i had to put up with.
nothing sneeky, all above bord :)
wel they have behaved since then, n life is peace n quite :) i love it.
they still have music but its at a much more quiter levle :)

that wireing... heheh im not aloud to touch it, hes seen how bad my wireing is an iv been banned from doing anything with wires, /lol
not to sure on the engine side of things , but thats cos i dont know this car well enough yet to venture in there, give it time and im sure you will find me up to my elbows in it, an me swering about the car an houw much i hate it /lol
i think the effort im putting in this one is to wipe the slate clean with my past 10 cars, were as every car iv owned alwys seemed to go nipples north,
we got this car knowing full well it needed working on, an i think this has helped in the way of m getting down about it, stressed at the money its costing, but at the same time loving it cos i know once all the work is done, that will be it.
were as the mazda it was always, "well we fix this here it be fine, its not much" then after a while it would break again :( an i repeating what i said over an over again.
this time with the mitsi we got our very own rallyart trained mechenic on standby who does all the work for free an gets most the parts at trade price :)
okies its a 3hour drive to get to him but its bloody worth it :)

will keep ya all up to date as an when things take place :)

mesobitchy
09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
okies here we have few pics.
a before and after of the boot along with the vid ;)
now with the vid im not sure if it should have its own thread/lol

the other pics are of the nardi steering wheel an the gear gator with the after market knob on it.
smart arse of a boyfriend came up with the idea of a spring to hold the gator in place as the gator kept falling down cos the knob /lol was too big and to long on the shaft to keep it up, hence the use of a spring /lol:speechles /haz
vid is an MP4 file so couldnt upload as an attatchment.
sorry.
but here it is from photobucket.

its called "Old man rubbing one out in back of car"
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Vids/th_oldmanrubbingoneout.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Vids/?action=view&current=oldmanrubbingoneout.flv)

mesobitchy
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
LMFAO!!! the car looks like its ACTUALLY CLEAN!!!!!

in fact....... we have had the car 3 months an its not been cleaned once!!!..
well other then t-cutting the rear quarter an its wings/bonnet.
the rest has been "nature" washed.
hows that for green!! /lol

mesobitchy
10-11-2008, 03:00 PM
New rad has just arrived :)
still in its box awaiting fitting now :)
well soon as the rain stops for long enough! /lol

MarkSanne
11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Getting better& better!! Nice!

What were those stains and with what were they removed?

mesobitchy
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM

the were oil an was removed with break cleaner an alot of rubbing ;)

there still some water based stains in there that we got to remove, got a cleaner for it but unsure what it is as the bottle its in isnt the right one for it.

mesobitchy
11-11-2008, 11:25 AM
well more goodies are on the way now :) should be here by the 21st ;)
the kit consists of:

17" alloys an a K&N filter.
and if we can fit it...... some form of backbox. unsue what it is as i cant remember right now /lol

Turbo_Steve
11-11-2008, 11:44 AM
What's the plan with the Subwoofer: surely it's not just living on it's face in the sparewheel well?

mesobitchy
11-11-2008, 11:57 AM
oh it is alright.
but its been secured in place with some MDF and bolts.
okies its not pratical if i should ever need to get the spare out, as it means unding 4 bolts, but its the best place for the sub :)
it also helps with the sound as well, were as we dont here the bass, but by god you dont half feel it!! /lol

MarkSanne
11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Hmmm nice, makes me think about doing something similar perhaps (one day)... I'd like to see some more pics of that setup if possible!

mesobitchy
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
yum yeah i can sort something out, but what ya see is what there is realy.
nothing fancy or flash, just basic yet very effective :)

mesobitchy
23-11-2008, 05:34 PM
woo hooo!!
rad is now fitted an so is the K&N :)

i get some piccys of the filter on tomorrow :)
dose sound nice when i put my toe down. tho the tapping....... /lol

Turbo_Steve
23-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Likewise, I am interested as I was planning something not dissimilar.

mesobitchy
24-11-2008, 09:51 AM
the tapping or the toe dowing or the k&n? /lol

mesobitchy
29-11-2008, 10:59 PM
K&N fitted :D

heres the piccys

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/th_kn1.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/?action=view&current=kn1.jpg)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/th_kn2.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/?action=view&current=kn2.jpg)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/th_kn3.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e63/mad_mazz/Me-So-Bitchy/Modding/?action=view&current=kn3.jpg)

peter thomson
29-11-2008, 11:02 PM
No pics yet as Kieran has the attachments option turned off just now

K&N fitted :D

heres the piccys

god sake! bloody attatchments aint working!

mesobitchy
29-11-2008, 11:06 PM
kk, posted them via a photobucket link.

mesobitchy
12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
woooo new rubber has arrived for the 17s!

will be having them fitted tomorrow :D then piccys will be taken :D

mesobitchy
14-12-2008, 11:58 PM
piccy of the galant now with a set of 17s on them :D
yes yes i know it needs lowering!

and yes i have started on the crimbo decs on the car, gotta resort them out mind you as the roof ones got a bit wind swept on the M25/M4 /lol

MarkSanne
15-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Lookin' goood! I love the look of multi-spoke wheels! All you need now are clear side- and front repeaters and indeed a few cm lowering and it would look like this :) :

uploaded/1887/1229331011.jpg

mesobitchy
15-12-2008, 10:42 AM
oooooooh!!!! that looks really bloody nice!
tho i think im gonna tint the side repeaters black.. but them clear ones...
oooh nice :)
gonna deffo lower the nose more then the backbut gonna fit the facelift stuff first so i know how low to go.

mesobitchy
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM
***UPDATE***

11/01/09

well okies not much of one....

F*CK*NG MITSUBISHI!!! F*CK*ING COLT MIDWEST!!!

still nothing on this god damn mother f*ck*ng A/C pipe!

:furious3: /Hissy :rifle: :shout: /pan /Grrr

Lillywotsername
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
And Breath Mazz... /haz

peter thomson
11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
No luck with a pipe from Glenn then??

***UPDATE***

11/01/09

HMG1K
11-01-2009, 10:24 PM
***UPDATE***

11/01/09

That'll be the Colt Car Company and it's owned dealers!

Go to a Mitsibishi dealership which isn't also owned and run by Colt and you'll have your part in no time - at the moment dealing with a Colt owned dealer is just adding to the layers of 'what will go wrong, will go wrong' ! :pimp2:

Confused
11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Apparantly he went to look and something wasn't right (or so Mazz is telling me), cut in half or snapped, can't remember exactly... she's sort of slept since then!

Plus my personal preference (since it'll be me fitting it... as I broke it...) is to go for a new one - a 2nd hand one will likely be old and brittle and I don't want to do all the work to find that it's become damaged in removal/transit to then have to do it again!

That, and if I say she can have a 2nd hand one, I'll go out one day to find she's taken the one from my saloon!! /lol

mesobitchy
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
too bloody right! i got my eyes on that engine as it is as it dont tap as loud as mine! /lol
tho u can keep your steering wheel as mines much better :P

mesobitchy
25-01-2009, 05:49 PM
woop! long last, Garry got his arse into gear an now the clock has been fixed :D

and new front end for the car PC is installed also put the car onto the home network, yay :D

mesobitchy
26-01-2009, 10:53 PM
woop :D
much much better now :D

MarkSanne
27-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Looks great! And you got the hearse 30000 miles younger ;)

mesobitchy
27-01-2009, 12:29 PM
yup, indeed /lol

we took tonns of piccys to show the differance with time/date stamp on them also a few extra with logbook an vin number, just to cover all areas.
cos if we should ever sell the car (which i dout) at lest there is a log with all details as to when they was changed :)

also having the log on here helps a bit as well as people can see what was done and when ;) :)

mesobitchy
19-04-2009, 01:53 PM
well most of you know what my galant holds :) and how it looked.
well since seeing the leather thread its given me an idea.
also what helped back the idea was the fact i have facelift bumpers an skirts in silver.

so at the mo this is what my car now looks like,
before and after piccys and the start on the black and cream insides.
okies its only the boot for now, wont be fitting the new dash till i get the carpit.

enjoy :)

HMG1K
19-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Looking good!

Personally, I prefer the UK style 'long' number plate on the front of the facelifts as it shows off the two bars in the bottom part of the bumper.

With the square plates they're hidden

Kieran
19-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Urgh - Why on earth have you Fail-Lifted the front?! /pan

;)

ritch_w
19-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Urgh - Why on earth have you Fail-Lifted the front?! /pan

;)

its the future you know!:afro:

mesobitchy
19-04-2009, 07:36 PM
cos beggers cant be choosers /lol

i like it, dunno why, i just like it, i like the jap plate, tho i might invest in the smaller show plate.

bradc
19-04-2009, 07:58 PM
It looks great, modernised if you will :)

When is the paint going on?

aboo
19-04-2009, 11:24 PM
I like it & love the jap plate maybe cause my car has it but mine is p/f.

Just to get it painted now it will look great.

Is it a VR4 or gsi?

p.s. & a set of wheels that will set it of a treat.

mesobitchy
19-04-2009, 11:40 PM
cheers :)
we got 3 options so far for ideas on the paint style, so some photoshop sessions are in order, im gonna try one more place to see if he can sort my "black" paint out, cos i really love it an the guys that attended the meet will tell you the same, its a bitch of a color!
if not then i need to think about another "black" to go in its place.
also need to wait for a friend of ours who is upgrading there vr4 bonnet for the sports (v6) one, then once thats done we will go pick up her old one up.
need new bonnet as the corsa damage is, well, yeah.... already got the new wing waiting to go on, need to pick up the new bootlid and take delivery of the vr4 spoiler, and i need 3 annoying dents sorted as well.
all costs money which i never seem to have!
im thinking about putting the 17s back on, silver multispoke jobbies.....
failing that i got a set of 16" dark multispoke ones..... hummm photoshop will be my friend! /lol

once all of the ab ove has been done, then the paint will go on :)

oh an its just a standard 2.5 V6 :)

aboo
19-04-2009, 11:51 PM
If your re spraying the whole car I would go for the same colour as vee's vr2.

I'm realy liking that colour as never seen it before. Dont know what it is but its very nice.

mesobitchy
20-04-2009, 12:02 AM
it is a nice color, iv seen it on an estate :) or one very clse to it.
im going for the 2tone as i really like it, more so then what i thought i would.
the silver is 100% staying, an a dark color for the top bit :)
no dout i will post up the photoshop ideas :)

aboo
20-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Silver is nice too. The silver leggy,s are realy growing on me.

Atik
20-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Regarding the front number plate, I have got a 'show plate' on the front of my fail-lift permanently with a full size in the boot for when I get pulled for being illegal! lol

I have measured the plate sizes up and it actually is possible to fit full UK size letters and numbers onto a UK long plate and chop the ends and fit into the recess. Just looks a little tight.

But back on topic, I do like the look you have already. Dark top and silver lower. Just paint the rear bumper silver and you complete the look. Definitely a vast improvement from the stock bumper and grille.

mesobitchy
21-04-2009, 10:10 AM
i got a silver back bumper waiting in the back garden,
but slight prob, it will look ood. see where the back bumper ends, humm,
still working on it,......
humm i give that tight fitting plate thig a try :)

Atik
21-04-2009, 07:16 PM
That means you have a facelift rear bumper? the lines are different for them so you will have to fill the gap somehow.

Try locating a prefacelift rear bumper in silver? Actually, I think the standard bumper is the same for the V6-24, just without the exhaust cut-out...?

elnevio
21-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Unless it's off a facelift UK estate, of course...

Confused
22-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Unless it's off a facelift UK estate, of course...

Which it is ;)

Though I'd like to find a pre-facelift VR-4 rear bumper so it's got the exhaust cut-out already for when the exhaust eventually gets changed! ;)

mesobitchy
22-04-2009, 12:26 PM
its got the cut out ? i look later.
heh let me save up the pennies as i want twin exits :)

mesobitchy
22-04-2009, 12:29 PM
got the carpit and a few other things last night.
carpit is out drying, will get that fitted, tonight? garry hun *flutters eyes* /lol

elnevio
22-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Ok - threads merged! :thumbsup:

You'll have to upload the pics from the hearse thread if you want them to show up properly. That was the reason they were moved into the Random Pics forum last time.

Although you won't be able to edit the old posts any more.

/Hmmm

I might be able to upload them from the photobucket account. Do want me to give it a go?

And I'll just go and tidy up Atik's thread now...

Confused
22-04-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah, can do mate :) save me a job....
damnit on confused username!
ah well /lol

mesobitchy
25-04-2009, 10:32 PM
quick update for ya all! :)
as you know i really loved the leather thread an was wanting to do this to my car.
well i got all the bits i needed other then the passenger doorcard....
so they will have to wait. but here is my take on the two tone inside :)
were re-fitting the center dash thinggy timorrow as were redoing the screen.
also here are some of us fitting the silver bumper :)

and found a new use for a straw! /lol

Atik
26-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Looking good. And is that straw being used as a vacuum nozzle?

mesobitchy
27-04-2009, 11:12 AM
it is indeed! /haz

okies another of the dash, now that the screen has been fitted an a lil something extra ;)

will get some of it in the car tonight :)
but for now.....

:afro:

Atik
27-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Ooh, nice. CD/DVD drive in the sunglass holder. Sweet! :)

mesobitchy
27-04-2009, 11:23 PM
tis indeed :D iv yet to have a play with it now its all back together!
garry uses this car during the week an if we go out of the evening we take his car.

elnevio
28-04-2009, 09:24 PM
All pics in earlier posts uploaded from photobucket to CVR4! :thumbsup:

Only that I had to split the first post onto your third post to get all the pics on (limited to uploading 15 attachments per post).

White Lightning
28-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Looking good :thumbsup:

Turbo_Steve
29-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow! Looking really awesome and definitely a one off. Any hints on how you mounted the screen and DVD drive, please?

Liking the two tone interior and exterior idea....almost a Neopolitan car, but in a good way.

What is happening with all the little cream plastic bits inside? The Drivers knee switch panel, boot floor clips and bonnet release lever? They look weird being a different colour? I assume a plan is afoot, here?

Definitely a contender for best looking V6.

Confused
29-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Ahh, she's not uploaded the piccies of the back of it ;)

I've cut away a bit of the dash surround on the back so that the screen sits flush to the inside of it, and it's held in with some stainless steel brackets, which are screwed to the underneath of the climate control unit, and hold the screen forwards under a little pressure.

The DVD drive is held by another bracket to the back of the screen.

n13l pm
29-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Looking good. Yep denfinitely a one off. :2thumbsup

mesobitchy
30-04-2009, 05:40 PM
cheers guys :)

thanks nev for doing that :)

i deffo love to be different :)
as for the ood color bits.... i will be changing over the boot bits tonight, the bonnet thinggy will be done wen i go to collect the new boot lid, so hopfully next week at some point, and when i can find a intack pannle switch thinngy, that too will be changed.
and the best thing about this car and all of its mods is all bar the pc/ICE install,
is that it is all standard stuff!:afro:

right screen in the car pics...

mesobitchy
30-04-2009, 05:57 PM
okies as for a contender for the best looking V6....
have you seen the state the car is in?! :lol:
maybe after its respray....

mesobitchy
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
some pics of how the screen/dvd drive was mounted

good ol ductape:happy:

n13l pm
01-05-2009, 09:50 AM
very similar to what the back of my console looks like.

what audio software you got running there?

Confused
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
That's an application I've written (but I'm not anywhere near happy with it yet enough to release it to the general public), which is called A.I.M.E.E

Turbo_Steve
01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Okay, so NOW we're all REALLY interested! Will you be GPLing it?

mesobitchy
03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
he answer that when he gets back home with my car......
cos IM GONNA HAVE MY AIRCON BACK!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a set of pipes at long bloody last :D/woot2 /Poms :jester: /woot /Banana /bounce

okies ew raped them off a dead galant with the engine out, but feck it!
i dont give a crap, i got a set of intact pipes, no thanks to fecking mitsubishi!

also with a bit of luck the new momo steering wheel will be fitted (if they can somehow fit in the cruise controll stick!) and a bloody good service, as ummm its ben over 10k miles since its last one!:speechles bloody hell, 10k since aug!

pitslayer
24-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Looking better now than how the screen was held in, done the same as me with the brackets on the back,

mesobitchy
25-05-2009, 10:36 PM
cheers :)
well aircon is in and working well :D
by god was i thankfull for it over the weekend!
spent it up near sleaford (near lincon) doing a digital car meet (car pc stuff, kyle you should look on there since you got a car pc mate)
temp was hitting about 28degrees!! my car drew tones of attation (pics to follow shortly) garrys red warning AYC light kept coming on and i flew down the M5 on sunday evening, and gave myself a heart attack in the vr4 (as me an garry swapped cars for a bit) at the digets i reached in 4th without relising!! :oops:
now i knew the vr4 was fast and rapid and all of the above, but FUK ME!! i didnt think it was that fast!

mesobitchy
26-05-2009, 12:44 PM
okies heres some shots from over the weekend.
the car got fully washed and waxed, then discovered massive clear coat failure :(
but garry took some great piccys, and he tryed his best to get the color showing out in the car,
its a hard one to take piccys of!

also a v6 vs vr4 face of f;)

mesobitchy
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
small update.
the car has been stripped of its spare wheel and in place a one off custom made sealed box to home two 8" JBL subs.
as my clarion is FUBAR!
went to sextons today to get some audio cable, got talking to the guy in the shop as there was a sliver galant estate out in there carpark, turns out is someone who works there, so handed him a club card!
got a few meters worth of audio cable for nout as well :D
and hopefully monday i should have a call about a brand new 12" free air sub! :D :D :D

pics to follow soon on the new install, which will then be moved to garrys car when i get the new sub :)

mesobitchy
08-08-2009, 10:21 PM
and the piccys!

yes we are gonna be covering it with audio carpet, cos i cant stand the bare MDF! eeeooowww!!!!
but it will do for now.

oh and on another note!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1 YEAR SINCE I GOT THE CAR TODAY!!!

mesobitchy
08-08-2009, 10:27 PM
****e and briny!!!

mesobitchy
17-08-2009, 05:25 PM
:( the milky cloud is decending already!!!

i think by the time the end of year comes it will be back well entruly!

i need money for a respray and fast!

666damned
26-08-2009, 07:54 AM
is the sub box ported or sealed?.........

Confused
26-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Sealed.

Bat
29-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi,
What screen did you use, please? I want to fit my car PC but don't want to hack loads off the plastics.
Cheers,
Gavin :)

mesobitchy
01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
wen he can im sure he let you know what one.

right! its like christmas here with all the new stuff :D

to go with the list of things to be done:

clean and fit the fog lights
spray and fit the spats
detango the indercators an fit the new head lights

so that now leaves this:

fit silver bootlid
spray and fit vr4 spoiler
respray car

still to get...
folding electric wingmirrors!

mesobitchy
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
okies its begun!

BEHOLD!!!! the magic come apart head lights that magicaly de tango themselfs!

/JawDroppi :rolleyes4

mesobitchy
05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
for i am TANGO BOY!!

mesobitchy
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
ugh! got some stuff yesterday to make a start on spary some of the stuff i got for my car.
we went and had the paint made up, iv sanded down and primed, then i set to spray, UGH!!! i hate the "fan" spray, its hard as a$$holes to get an even covrage and it hurts the finger when spraying!

but so far so good, gonna need to rub back and cover again, but its looking good, just got the spats, spoiler and bottom of the bumper to do... oh and the wing mirror!

im thinking of getting one of them handy can spray things u add onto the can to help!

snickells
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
im thinking of getting one of them handy can spray things u add onto the can to help!

Two words... they suck!

Just do loads of light coats with a bit of drying time in between and you'll finish up with a great looking rattle can paint job.

Love the work your doing on your car, any plans to change the leather colour to match the rest of the new interior?

mesobitchy
07-09-2009, 12:56 AM
got the handle thing, and it has helped no end!
got everything i needed done, other then the fact a had a can explod on me, so im taking it back to the shop and saying errrrr fix it please!
still got a spoiler to do yet! as well as my rear bumper.

nooo the leather is staying cream as im doing the 2 tone inside :)

mesobitchy
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
progress pics!

mesobitchy
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
okies, finished and in :)

Day and Night piccys :)

dreamer
08-09-2009, 10:29 AM
wow, Black looks great, good colour match, doesn't look tacky or home done at all.
Congrats.

You may have inspired me to finally do mine.

mesobitchy
08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
its not black ;)

and thankies :) not bad when you have the right weather and take your time, little and light coats is the trick :)

dreamer
08-09-2009, 10:33 AM
its not black ;)

Purple or Cherry black? don't make me read through all these pages again and find the colour code mentioned?!!

mesobitchy
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Purple or Cherry black? don't make me read through all these pages again and find the colour code mentioned?!!
aaww but it be fun ;)

its the same colour as the outside of my car/yes

V01, purple metalic gray.

Turbo_Steve
08-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Wow! Really nice work there! I am holding out for an InCar PC (one day) and then mine will be going Finesse Green :D

mesobitchy
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
well steve if you need a hand just give garry a holla and he will be happy to help you :)

it was really easy to do as well, iv done this once befor on the mazda, so it was easy going this time round

mesobitchy
15-10-2009, 04:48 PM
spoiler is off an stickers are on!

CrossRoss
15-10-2009, 11:54 PM
spoiler is off an stickers are on!

Get the spoiler back ... but liking the sticker! /wall :hal:

Confused
16-10-2009, 08:38 AM
We've got a PFL VR-4 spoiler waiting to go on, but just need a decent chunk of time and decent weather to do it! ;)

mesobitchy
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM
LOWERED! :D

and yup it deffo dose have self leveling suspention! /lol

we took back to B&Q 22 breeze blocks, witch droped the car to 57cm off the ground,
(floor to bottom of arch) by the time we did the 2 miles the car had raised up by 10cm!

so over the weekend both garry and kieran fitted my car with the lowering springs while me and alex went shopping :D

before and after piccys! :D
40mm at the front and 20mm at the back:D

mesobitchy
02-11-2009, 05:02 PM
no doubt by the time garry gets back with it, the springs will have settled in a bit more/better.

time to look for some alloys.....

mesobitchy
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
okies a better set of updated pics to see the real differance!

before - you just look at that gap! you could swing a bus under that!! lol

mesobitchy
11-11-2009, 04:13 PM
and after - MUCH BETTER!!! tho it did take about 1000 miles for it to be of a noticable differance!
god bless self leveling suspention eh!

yes the car is dirty, just not had the weather to clean it!

Xanadu Detailing
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
shes still looking super shiny :D.

might need another coat of wax soon /Wyhy

mesobitchy
11-11-2009, 10:01 PM
needs a good bloody wash i tell ya, and the roof, oh the sodding roof:bigcry::sick:

i will have to errect the gazebo over the car to wax it me thinks, just to stop the elephants getting to it while its being waxed!
roll on when she is due back to you again!! :)

calistofox
27-11-2009, 02:04 AM
nice work at moment!
/GJ

mesobitchy
27-11-2009, 10:45 AM
cheers! :)

well the gazebo got trashed in the winds a week back, so its time to tell my bro to shift his $hit from mums garage so i can fit my car in there!
hummmm..... i cant see that happening anytime soon... bloody brothers! /pan

mesobitchy
17-12-2009, 11:25 PM
no heat in my car, still awaiting mr.postie to give me one from paul... no! dirty minded sods! im on about the doffer thinggy bob transister type thing.... /lol
then a new set of lash adjusters..... and a new battery!
its getting a bit boring now having to jump start my car every morning!

maybe i should of put them items on my Christmas list to Santa!
hell iv been a very good girl this year!/Devil5

Bat
22-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi,
So what's the ride quality like with the new springs?
Should I re-phrase that? /lol
Cheers,

mesobitchy
22-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi,
So what's the ride quality like with the new springs?
Should I re-phrase that? /lol
Cheers,

hehehe! hi,

the "ride" is nice, as i was still on the 15's, i dont know what its like on the 17s just yet as i have yet to drive my car!

i just need to remember to take it slow over large speed bumps or face scrapping the bottom of the bumper!

other then that, it seems to handle very nice :)
of course it is partnered with the strut brace ;) witch i do recomend to anyone thinking of getting one fitted :)

Bat
22-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi,
Good news then, it looks good too :)
I'll wait for an update with the 17s as mines already got them on.
Cheers,

mesobitchy
22-12-2009, 07:47 PM
The car drives really well so im told, and with the nice clean lash adjusters, the drive is even more smooth.

with the clean lash adjusters, new bearings in the gear box, lowered and strut brace, it drives as good as our old prelude did!
and that's a 2 door sporty coupé!

but with the recent crappy weather now is not a good time to push the car to see what it really is like. only time can tell that :)

Bat
22-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Hiya,
So would I be right in assuming you've got the lash adjusters cleaned out in some way? Details please :)
Cheers,

mesobitchy
22-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes, the other half cleaned them up over the weekend.
here is a link to what he did :)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45179

hope this is of some help :)

mesobitchy
18-01-2010, 11:25 AM
ah yes, update, MOT passed... for another year, just need to tax it end of feb.

now the 17s have been on for a while, the springs have settled down and the adjusters are quite.
the entire car feels like a totally different car!
its very very smooth, and handles soooo well. testing it yesterday round some of them "recommended speed 40mph" bends on the motorway on the way home yesterday evening, and i was ding 60mph (as it was clear and the only car in front was the vr4), and it was soo sturdy and strong, didnt even flinch.

so thumbs up for the lowering springs, 17s and the strutbrace :)

mesobitchy
06-02-2010, 10:19 AM
door cards are now changed to the black and cream iv wanted ever since reading Atik's thread many moons ago!
yes, they have been done! /lol

and boy dont melting plastic give you a headache?!

other then that, nothing else has taken place with the galant,
in all fairness, my lack of love i had with it at the start has sortta gone out of the window all together now!
im not fussed about it, peed off with the rust situation, but who wouldn't be?

but in all fairness all interest went the day i got the new toy :D

it really dose show i am a "mazda" gal at heart! :)
in fact, "happy mazz" is now back, she went away for a very long time, (like the night kitt was taken away by her new owner) but since getting the new car, im back in the "driving seat", ready to learn all i can about this new one then i ever wanted to with the galant.

oh enough of that already! i will get pics of the new door cards up in due course.
just awaiting hte arrival of the bonnet now!

Turbo_Steve
06-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Well congrats on being happy again!

I'd worry that having a particular badged vehicle on your driveway can have so much influence over your state of wellbeing, though....even a lambourghini couldn't change how happy I remain to see my wonderful children :0

Really glad to hear you're feeling on a more even keel, Maz.

Does it have the Mazda "I can't believe It's connected" patented ulra-light power steering?

bradc
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Grr I hated that steering on mum's 1998 626 it really did feel like there was nothing connected to it at all!

Turbo_Steve
06-02-2010, 09:31 PM
It's just part pf the Mazda design ethos....even the RX7 feels over assisted.
You get used to it pretty quickly.

Same as all the Mazdas I have driven have really small turning circles for their wheelbase.

mesobitchy
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Love the steering on mazda's, love mazda's any way.
People say a car is a car, but if I'm happy with the car then all is well.
The car I drive and or own is a big part of my life and I have to be happy with it.

Confused
07-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Does it have the Mazda "I can't believe It's connected" patented ulra-light power steering?
It does!

mesobitchy
09-02-2010, 09:14 AM
pics of the door cards,

before and after :)

Atik
09-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Fingers included!

Bet the doors are looking good now ;)

mesobitchy
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
yes the fingers got stuck to them /lol

and oh god yes the inside of the car is now finished and looks 100 times better then when we first got it!

not much left to do to the outta side of the car now. :)

Turbo_Steve
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Ha ha! Peepo! I can see you! :D

Looks Good, Mazz - good work.

I have to be honest, I think I prefer the original, but then it's all a matter of taste All my cars have been black..black...black, so having something lighter is nice for me.

It looks very factory, either way.

Does this mean you're going to have a load of tan bits for sale shortly? ;)

mesobitchy
09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks

well i knew this would happen!

i chucked all the tan door cards down the skip!

but i still have the tan carpit and full boot lot!

Turbo_Steve
09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
You don't have a tan glovebox, do you?
Or the Tan window switches?

Or the tan "drivers knee panel"?

mesobitchy
09-02-2010, 07:51 PM
I do have all of the above, but for the knee pannel I will require one inblack, if you have that I will do a swap for that part.

Turbo_Steve
10-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Nah mine is Tan too. Just broken :)

Suspect I'll be in touch regarding the other bits, though: they in good nick?

mesobitchy
10-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Ah bugger!

Can you hold off on that part till I find another in black?

From what I can remember, yes they went up in good nick!
Will get garry to have a look at them when he gets back at the end of the week.

psbarham
10-02-2010, 07:44 AM
i might have a black one if that helps, i'll check tonight

mesobitchy
10-02-2010, 10:46 AM
i might have a black one if that helps, i'll check tonight

trying to not put this in the gutter im not gonna reply! ;)

mesobitchy
21-02-2010, 11:27 PM
many thanks to carlos for the parts :)

now to get on and order the new vr4 disks and pads, then get the disks re-drilled :)

and them pipes are still in the sodding back of the bongo! ppwahhhh the stench of petrol on the way home! /lol

psbarham
22-02-2010, 08:45 AM
You don't have a tan glovebox, do you?
Or the Tan window switches?

Or the tan "drivers knee panel"?

Steve, Guess what i found at the weekend? the front is a little bit scratched, but that appears to be it, And I also found a couple of tan switches. I shall dig them out later and see what i've got

Confused
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Well I will now be taking over on the posting in here for any mods now done to the Galant.

The bonnet is now in our hands.

A big thanks to Don/notworthy

elnevio
07-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Has it not been fitted yet? Hurry up! :D

Confused
07-03-2010, 08:40 PM
No, she is taking it down to the local spray shop tomorrow to price up the wing and the bonnet!

Confused
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Bonnets and wing are in to be sprayed and will be ready by the end of the week.

Looks like I will be selling two bonnets very soon...

Confused
22-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Just a few pictures from the weekend to show that some progress has taken place.
A lot of the work that was done you wont be able to see , as it involved removal of the the petrol tank, a lot of rubbing back and dealing with the forever annoying rust.

Now a few pictures of what took place.

Louis
22-03-2010, 07:10 PM
looks good, (what was up with the fuel tank??)

Confused
23-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Some rust in places where it was much easier to get to with the tank removed.

We're getting a new exhaust on it sometime soon, so a VR-4 tank will then be fitted, so the exhaust's route can be straighter, and will make a twin backbox system much easier to fabricate.

Confused
28-03-2010, 12:38 AM

aboo
28-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Looking good but I think you should get the silver bits sprayed black to match the car.

bradc
28-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Everyone thinks that!

Confused
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
It has been a while and I have left this long enough.

So here is the update on the projector headlights.

Well at long last i’v got my set of projector headlights fitted to my car!
Well to be honest they were ment to go into KITT, but that never happened.So 2 years later, my lights i found in a scrappy now live inside a set of VR4 headlights.
Now these are different to the UK Galant ones as they are a single peace unit rather then a 2 peace unit the UK cars come with.

First off, The box of goodies!

Then set about dismantling the light units and de tangoing them:

Once this was done, we hade the painstaking taske of separating the reflectors from there housing and cutting holes bu hand, that was big enough to hold the new units:

Next up was the task of priming and respraying:

Once this bit was done we set about cutting some tin to make the covers that would sit over the front of the light unit for each light (in this case it was 4), working with tin is fairly hard, but with the right tools we got there in the end  these were then primed and sprayed.

Confused
02-04-2010, 12:40 PM

This is the point over that weekend away to fix the rust problem, we ran out of time so had to pack up and finish things off at home. At least the hard work was done!
Now it was time for the electrical part.....
Due to fitting in some LED lights to act as our side lights, this involved some soldering and other electrical do hickory stuff, I let garry do this bit!

A quick test to make sure all was working:

good enough! Now on with the covering!!

We used black silicone to seal the units and hold the tin in place along with aroldite.

Time to fit them to the car!

Out with the old.....

Confused
02-04-2010, 12:44 PM

In with the new!

Damn!! that is CLOSE!!

We did a quick test once in the car, but had to take them out again and re solder some wires as we got them round the wrong way!!
5 minutes later the head lights were back in my car and here it is!!!

And yes, if you didn’t notice we had to use a marigold glove over the back of one of the units as the smaller rubbers we had didn’t fit and we only had 3 large ones, so the glove had to do! /lol

2 years waiting and at long last i have them in!
They give a different look to the front of the car, and makes it look alot more mean and intimidating!
I love it!

Confused
02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Just to note, These are not a copy of the ones Swinks dose.
I did this conversion to my Prelude and it was always the plan to do something along the same lines to the galant from the day we got it.
The difference in these to the ones Swinks dose is we have moved the main driving lights in to the centre of the car and used LEDs for the side lights, we have blacked out the chrome as we did not think it looked good.

HMG1K
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Looking good! Good job! :-)

Confused
14-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Should of done this a while back.

The Galant that we said we would never get rid of, has since moved on to a new home.

It was a good car, and I know Mazz said she did not like it, I know she did!
I think it was the "What the hell have I just gone and done?!" comment that did it!

with a bit of luck the new owner might carry this thread on.

It was good while it lasted, but onwards and upwards, to more power!

Welcome the RED SUPER! :D

HOODY
10-07-2010, 08:29 PM
awesome mod! lot of work. always a good feeling after doing mods that involving wiring that it all works perfect the first time when switching on.

calistofox
16-08-2010, 10:53 PM
impressive work my friend! can you say me what calipers and disks are that?

Confused
17-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Calipers & carriers are standard VR4 pre-facelift ones. Disks & pads are standard VR4 ones (296mm) - with the 4-stud bolt pattern drilled into it.

calistofox
17-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Calipers & carriers are standard VR4 pre-facelift ones. Disks & pads are standard VR4 ones (296mm) - with the 4-stud bolt pattern drilled into it.

cool! doing the drills on the disks is not dangerous ?

im asking because normaly no one do that because it can brake, but if you do not have any problems with that , i will deetenly do that !|

thanks

CAlisto

Confused
17-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Quite a few people have successfully done it without any issues.

It's only the hub face you're drilling, not the actual braking surface.

calistofox
17-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Quite a few people have successfully done it without any issues.

It's only the hub face you're drilling, not the actual braking surface.

cool! next mod for sure! and i will need the rear disks and calipers too! maybe on ebay ?

thanks for all mate!

Confused
17-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I *think* that the rears are mostly identical, actually!

calistofox
17-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I *think* that the rears are mostly identical, actually!
maybe not because the rear disks normaly are normal not refrigerated. me thinks!!