PDA

View Full Version : Prob with ????? HELP !!! Please :(((

Miccon
19-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello I is of the Micccon from Germany and has a problem of follower. So a Mines (Became, however, to 99% changed) and a Dekat (Testpipe) has in the Legnum Vr4 Bj1998 Mon 9 I have also obstructed. Thus had then problems where I mines in it had then it leaves, nevertheless, in it and is with it then driven yesterday on meile has suddenly appeared following mistake, I give to gas engine Turning high, however, the achievement does not come in wheels in only quite completely a little the coupling is thus as if somebody a pressure would become (AT) Later on home away I could go only in 3 gang . Then on the speedometer indicated of course the way D and with N was bright in flash! Well am ignorant what it could be on everybody fall he goes still venture, however, accelerate none more is there and the gas (accept ) really really a little a colt leaves to me

Please Help me any one :(

If itself somebody is sure what with me I am he taps sometimes on the converter then should announce itself here to wort and perhaps can send me of a nen link where I this share with you into GB can shop

peter thomson
19-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm afraid I don't understand what you have written this time

Roberto
19-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry Miccon,

I presume you have used Babel Fish or similar, to translate.
Unfortunately it is not clear what fault you are experiencing.

Traurig Miccon,

Ich setze voraus, dass Sie Babelfish oder ähnlich verwendet haben, um zu übersetzen. Leider ist es nicht frei, welche Störung Sie erfahren.

foxdie
19-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm not totally sure but I'm thinking he's saying is his car is in limp home mode, he can't go further than 3rd gear and the N light is flashing.

Possibly triggered it by thrashing the engine too much, or accidentally downshifting too far and revving the engine really high (stressing the engine / crankshaft).

Miccon:

English: Find a car mechanic with an OBD cable to diagnose fault
Deutsch: Suchen Sie eine Kfz-Mechaniker mit einem OBD-Kabel zu diagnostizieren Fehler

Nutter_John
19-04-2009, 06:34 PM
I have translated what he has said from piegon english to real english

it says as follows , it don;'t work !!! :P

I think he has installed a mines ecu and since he has done that the auto box has gone into limp mode

Miccon
19-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok new Attempt

I have the Mines installed in the Legnum
Then he had really even more Power, however, enginelamp it began and the second line of the AYC has shone permanently.

Then I have obstructed the standard control device again

Then yesterday again the Mines and have gone to 1/4 meile...with the same mistake

Now I know this was silly!
1. Mistake
And now is the following mistake. if I gas gives, however, the engine high turns the gear or converter cannot move Power.

2.Mistake
Yesterday he wanted to venture only in 3 gang go (Gang = Gear )

3.Mistake
Besides, was natural D permanently in the luminous And N in the sparkling It no other Gear can be inserted neither braked with TipTronik nor with Under it

So today I have obstructed the series control device again and N does not flash any more D shines permanently what is normal if D the achievement is inserted, however move him do not venture properly

Gruß Miccon ( Micha )

Miccon
19-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Where I have used the standard control device I had no mistake

Kieran
19-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Thankyou for the improved translation.

So - My thoughts:

1 - The MINES ECU may be for a Manual Transmission VR4, not the Automatic. This is probably why you started having problems when you fitted it.

Can you confirm also:

- Now you have removed the MINES ECU and you have the Standard ECU fitted.

- Even with the Standard ECU fitted, your car does not move when put in 'D'.

Miccon
19-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Him venture gas goes already, however, if I properly gives he turns venture high and Power will not transfer fully 5% this is real

Kieran
19-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Him venture gas goes already, however, if I properly gives he turns venture high and Power will not transfer fully 5% this is real

Errr......

Can you Re-phrase that?

Miccon
19-04-2009, 08:28 PM
one moment

Miccon
19-04-2009, 08:29 PM
So motor turns high, however, Power it is transmitted only minimally

bradc
19-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Perhaps you could talk to crazydriver81, he lives in Germany so will be able to translate

White Lightning
19-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Sounds like there is a problem with the autobox or torque converter to me. I don't understand all of the text but did you say you were doing 1/4 mile drag runs when the problem developed?

Miccon
19-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I always have him rotated with high and then on D venture on N switched this was big big mistake!

N with 4000Rpm to D !

After meile the rehearsing was with the return journey to the place

elnevio
19-04-2009, 08:46 PM
N with 4000Rpm to D !
Ah ha!

That is not a good way to launch!! Might have caused the problem.

Can you post a video clip?

Kieran
19-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I always have him rotated with high and then on D venture on N switched this was big big mistake!

N with 4000Rpm to D !

Oh right. So you went:

N (4000RPM)

D

And the gearbox broke, Right?

And now, you can rev the engine in D, but the car does not move?

Miccon
19-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Is thus as if I a little gas gives

although I of course more gas give, however it does not come properly

elnevio
19-04-2009, 08:54 PM
It does sound like you have a broken gearbox :(

If you can post a video clip, this might help us see what you mean?

White Lightning
19-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Yep, sounds like new gearbox and/or torque converter required ... sorry :(

Miccon
19-04-2009, 09:02 PM
almost properly!
I can still venture with him, however, go him does not transfer full Power!?!!? does none have (ahnung=no plan ) what is it perhaps
(umlenk getriebe to kardanwelle ) Translate this one

foxdie
19-04-2009, 09:38 PM
umlenk getriebe to kardanwelle ?
deflection gear to shaft..?
torque converter...?

Miccon
19-04-2009, 09:44 PM
From the gear to the rear axle this could be.

However, is only one speculation

crazydriver81
20-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Hallo Micha!

Habe Dir schon eine NAchricht geschrieben. Meld Dich mal bei mir. Kann Dir bestimmt helfen. Btw, bist Du der Micha mit dem schwarzen VR-4 facelift?

Gruß
Stefan

*translation for our friends from the forum :D :

Dear Micha,

have PM'ed you already. Please get in touch with me. I can possibly help you. Btw, aren't you the guy with the black FL Legnum?

cheers
Stefan

Kieran
20-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Stefan! I think you can help with translation here! :)

crazydriver81
20-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Will do so Kieran. Btw, think I know that guy. He owns a black FL VR-4 if I am right.

Miccon
21-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Ok also ich beschreibe den Fehler dann nochmal aber in deutsch :D

Also wenn ich D einlege ruckelt das schon ein bisschen und wenn ich dann losfahren will und ich gas gebe wird die leistung minimal weitergegeben ist so als wenn ich noch ne Kupplung treten würde (AT) .

Miccon
21-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks Stefan for your Translate

crazydriver81
21-04-2009, 11:02 PM
ok, there we go...

Micha has got a problem with the transmission. If he's shifts in D, it is a jerky shift with jolt. The car moves forward very slowly but only at higher rev's.

He mentioned that it feels like a very slippy clutch.

@ Micha: Wann hat es angefangen? Gab es / gibt es leuchtende Kontrolleuchten? Du erwähntest zuvor, das fahren nur noch im 3. Gang möglich war? Du hattest eine andere ECU verbaut? Hast Du Fehlercodes auslesen können (lassen)?

BITTE beschreibe das Auftreten des Fahlers mit allen Nebenerscheinungen so genau wie möglich, umso besser kann Dir geholfen werden. Danke!

Gruß
Stefan

crazydriver81
21-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Guys, regarding those mentioned behavior I wouldn't mind problems with the transfer case / prop shaft / rear diff.

My opinion says, that he possibly crashed the AT-clutch pack... What do you think? What can happen to the gearbox if you shift from N to D with 4000rpm???

If the torque converter would be smashed, then the car won't move forward, regardless the rev's (at least my gearbox has done so...). Please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks folks
Stefan

peter thomson
21-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Has he been able to extract any codes from the ecu for the gearbox.

crazydriver81
21-04-2009, 11:23 PM
good hint Peter! Thanks! Have edited my post and asked him but believe he has not. I think the Mitsi dealers here in Germany might have a problem to read fault codes from the S/5FAT gearbox with the MUT-III...

In general it sounds like he needs a new auto-box! /pan

Kieran
21-04-2009, 11:31 PM
My opinion says, that he possibly crashed the AT-clutch pack... What do you think? What can happen to the gearbox if you shift from N to D with 4000rpm???

I tend to agree - Shifting from N-D at that engine RPM could well destroy one (or more) of the clutch packs. The other option is that the output shaft could snap - However when this happens, there's usually a very loud BANG and then the car will not move at all - Although the gearbox will still change up and down as normal.

Miccon
21-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Hello I will see sometimes what is all that now and sometimes see what it could cost otherwise he will venture then used anyhow and I will get one Evo 7

bradc
22-04-2009, 06:20 AM
My white VR-4 did something similar, it felt like a slipping clutch or a cvt gearbox. The torque converter wasn't locking at all and it was broken. New gearbox time ;)

crazydriver81
22-04-2009, 06:50 AM
@ Miccon: Micha, kannst DU bitte die Fragen aus meinem oben stehenden Beitrag beantworten? Ansonsten ist das mit weiterer Hilfe schwierig! Danke!

Die Vermutung liegt bisher bei einem Getriebeschaden (Planetenkupplung). Wäre es "nur" der Wandler oder die Eingangswelle (wie bei mir damals), würde sich der Wagen gar nicht vorwärts bewegen. Gibt es komische Geräusche wenn der Motor läuft und Du in N oder D bist?

Hier mal grobe Kosten (mit Montage) zur Orientierung:
1. Wandler defekt -> ca. 2000 EUR
2. Wandler und Eingangswelle defekt -> ca. 2500 EUR
3. Schaden im Getriebe -> 3000 EUR + ? (je nach AUfwand und betroffenen Teilen

Wenn Du mit dem Gedanken Evo spielst, dann schau mal auf www.wrc-sales.co.uk vorbei. Alles Japan Importe mit europäischen Papieren... Oder Du schaust auf www.pistonheads.com/sales/index.asp?c=35 vorbei :D

Gruß
Stefan

PS: Falls Du den VR-4 verkaufst - Ich melde Interesse an. Bitte zuerst mir Bescheid geben ;)

Miccon
22-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Also hatte das mines verbaut dann ging die motorlampe an und der zweite Strich vom AYC an .....

Habe dann wieder das serien Ecu verbaut ... keine fehlermeldung.

Habe dann wieder das Mines ... verbaut .... wieder fehlermeldung Motorlampe und der zweite Strich vom AYC

Bin dann zur meile gefahren 1/4 Meilen rennen . bin da gestartet ,mit dem Startvorgang auf ca. 4000 drehen und dann von N auf D schalten bin die meile in 14,3 gefahren schnellste war 13,7 dann auf dem Rückweg von dem Ziel ist das dass erste mal vorgekommen.

Habe dann den wagen geparkt und erst mal den anderen Fahrern zugesehen dachte ist evtl. überhitz und ähn.

Dann auf dem Rückweg nachheim konnte ich nur noch im 3ten fahren D hat dabei dauerhaft geleuchtet wie üblich und N war dabei am blinken warum weiss ich nicht habe jetzt wieder das Serien Ecu verbaut keine fehlermeldung alle gänge lassen sich fahren nur die leistung kommt nicht zu 100 % an ist so als wenn jemand die Kupplung treten würde obwohl es ja bei einer Automatik keine Kupplung gibt fertig :D

crazydriver81
22-04-2009, 11:06 PM
So, now we have the failure details... Where are the technique experts? :D

Micha bought and installed a Mines ECU. Result: CEL light and the middle bar of AYC light up.
Changed back to the standard ECU, the faults not showed up.

Micha decided to drive around with the Mines ECU and go to the drag strip. He was in N, raised the rpm's and shifted in D at 4000rpm. Result was a 14.3 on the quater mile.

Afterwards he drove the car to the parking area to let it cool down. While he was driving, the N-lamp was flashing. On the way home, he only could drive in the 3rd gear and N was flashing again.

Back at home he re-installed the stock ECU. No lights were showing up on the dash. But the car can not deliver the full power to the wheels anymore. It feels like a slippy clutch and the car feels like loosing 90% of power at the wheels...

Guys, waiting for your comments... ;)

bradc
23-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Right. N -> D drops are bad. That has probably damaged something in the gearbox, from the sounds of it with the slipping it will be clutch pack or torque converter.

crazydriver81
23-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Guys, if I got Miccon right, he is planning to sell his car. I offerd him 2.5k EUR for a 90k kms car with defective gearbox... He rejected my offer. /pan

I mean its a black 1998 FL Legnum VR-4 Type S with beige Leather interior and MMCS. He has 18" WEDS 3pc wheels fitted, a TEIN coilover kit, HKS BOV, Apexi RSM and a Blitz NUR Spec exhaust.

I told him, I am not interested in this aftermarket parts and offerd him 2.5k EUR. Was this far too low??? I mean the gearbox is smashed and it is a RHD car in Germany (only a small amount of people consider buying such a car, even if it's in fully working order)! What do you think, what is the car worth? Anyone interested in those aftermarket parts? Considering to buy that car for more money and selling those aftermarket bits...

Stefan

bradc
23-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Dunno, but I've got an auto gearbox here that is yours for about EUR300 :)

peter thomson
23-04-2009, 02:08 PM
If that price includes the Mines ecu then it may be a bit low as they are very expensive. If not with a damaged gearbox I would have thought less than 2.5k

SGHOM
23-04-2009, 02:38 PM
He was in N, raised the rpm's and shifted in D at 4000rpm. Result was a 14.3 on the quater mile.

There's the problem /pan

crazydriver81
29-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey Miccon!

here is a replacement for your broken auto-gearbox...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-LEGNUM-VR4-TWIN-TURBO-AUTO-GEARBOX_W0QQitemZ260398482447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260398482 447&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

cheers
Stefan