PDA

View Full Version : Lower Curved Arms

cribba
21-04-2009, 10:40 PM
The Story. Just replaced front discs, pads and calipers. Within a few days notice a rattle when driving over rough roads (plenty of those in Cornwall!) Thought it might be a duff spring clip on one of the brake pads, so arrange for the mitsi garage that replaced the discs etc. to have a look and put it right on Monday(while I wait), so far so good, until the guy comes out and says, 'could you come and have a look at your motor?' Shows me BOTH lower curved arms have completely sha***d bushes, and you can grip the arms and twist them around. This was the cause of the rattle. These were from Camskill and have been on for 18months and done 15k. Fortunately (?) it turns out Mitsi have them 'on offer' at £160 each +VAT so only genuine Mitsi parts for me now. I'll call Camskill when I've had new ones fitted and let them know whats happened, see if they want the old ones to see whats gone wrong! any one else had trouble with replacement curved arms?

elnevio
21-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Yes: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29046&highlight=warning+camskill

EDIT: Actually, not quite...

Kieran
21-04-2009, 11:01 PM
This is about the third report of the Camskill Supplied arms have failed prematurely.... Most concerning.

psbarham
22-04-2009, 08:03 AM
be prepared for camskill not to give a flying fook, when mine failed i struggled to get a response out of them, all they could offer after a lot of prompting was i remove the arms and post them back to them at my cost, and then they would decide if the arms were at fault or whether it was caused by the car :thinking:
tbh i wouldn't trust them as far as i could spit them /Grrr
genuine parts all the way now

orionn2o
22-04-2009, 09:33 AM
The Story. Just replaced front discs, pads and calipers. Within a few days notice a rattle when driving over rough roads (plenty of those in Cornwall!) Thought it might be a duff spring clip on one of the brake pads, so arrange for the mitsi garage that replaced the discs etc. to have a look and put it right on Monday(while I wait), so far so good, until the guy comes out and says, 'could you come and have a look at your motor?' Shows me BOTH lower curved arms have completely sha***d bushes, and you can grip the arms and twist them around. This was the cause of the rattle. These were from Camskill and have been on for 18months and done 15k. Fortunately (?) it turns out Mitsi have them 'on offer' at £160 each +VAT so only genuine Mitsi parts for me now. I'll call Camskill when I've had new ones fitted and let them know whats happened, see if they want the old ones to see whats gone wrong! any one else had trouble with replacement curved arms?

I like the way they were "on offer". even though 160 quid is their normal price !

Louis
22-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29046&highlight=warning+camskill

That was a ball joint failure on a different arm! (from Camskill)

There was a case of rubber bush failure on the same (balljoint )arm also but from a european supplier!

But obviously still something to watch out for.

I don't think the replacement parts hold up as well as factory.
I reckon the replacement parts would last longer if all were replaced at the same time!, but when other parts, bushes etc, are worn I suppose there is more pressure on the replaced part!.
Still not good though, they should be strong enough to take the pressure of regular of daily driving.

elnevio
22-04-2009, 12:27 PM
That was a ball joint failure on a different arm! (from Camskill)
Noted! Amended accordingly! /dunce