PDA

View Full Version : 6g vr4

zedy1
17-04-2004, 11:02 PM
ive seen a 1990 h eg 6g vr4, its got no tax and mot and im thinking of buying it for track days.its supposed to be a ralliart version.
how much do yo guys think its worth?
and who else has one here?

wirdy
17-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Don't want to rain on your parade Mo, but I think you're supposed to be road legal for a normal 'track day'.

You'd probably get away with a standard looking road car though, I've never been asked to produce docs, but turn up in a vehicle that's obviously not road legal and they'll not let you on - suppose they make lots more money hiring out the track for race development so it's in their commercial interests not to let racers mingle with the public :p

Rally205
18-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I have got one. It is the best fun I have had in a car.

The one you have seen wouldn't happen to be on ebay at the moment would it?

If so leave well alone!!!!!!!

Marcus

zedy1
19-04-2004, 01:08 AM
are you talking about a black one which was on ebay, this one is a white one any idea how much to pay for it?

Rally205
19-04-2004, 09:04 AM
The one on ebay is white. It is in Edinburgh.

As for price the going rate seems to be about £1000 if it is in A1 condition. The one on ebay isn't!!

Cheers
Marcus.

p.s If it is not the one ebay and you don't have it let me know as my mate is looking for one ;)

zedy1
19-04-2004, 11:50 PM
this ones from a garage local to me, dont know too much yet but it has had upgraded brakes ect, spoke to bosh (t o nutter) today and he said he had it previsioly and its had a upgraded clucth,brakes ect too. the garage guy wants 1500 quid for it and the car has no mot or tax, i may buy it to use on the track at japfest (stay away from me guys if i turn up in a 6g vr4) or make a few bob and sell it.

Rally205
20-04-2004, 08:47 AM
Sounds good but a bit pricey. I paid £950 for mine with full MOT and Tax and upgrades. Make him an offer ;)
If you do sell it on let me have first dibs. As I said my mate is desperate for one!