PDA

View Full Version : **urgent Help Needed !**

Spirit
04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
Guys/Gals

Can anyone help me please - does anyone know the exact diameter and exact thickness of the front discs on the VR-4 ?

Need to know for tomorrow if possible.

Cheers

Pete

Spirit
04-06-2003, 08:17 PM
The thread below indicates that the EVO 5 to 7 's discs will fit, just an issue with Brembo calipers but I am not changing them anyhow. Any thoughts ?

Pete

Nick VR4
04-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Why what you doing ???????

Spirit
04-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Spending some money hopefully!

I have got a contact for the club potentially that will give us some great deals and hope to get a Super Drager and new front discs and pads aswell.

He wants me to confirm the exact size of the discs so he can price them up for me.

Brind
04-06-2003, 08:36 PM
I don't know what the size of them are, mine as far as I know are standard Mitsi ones.
What pads are you thinking of looking to buy? Petrolhead and Ailsa have mentioned Pagid as being very good..

I'm thinking of going for some decent pads and discs when the time comes, because although my brake pedal is nice and very hard, it seems like they're really struggling.

Nick VR4
04-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Well I have search and nope not a lot showed up

You might want to phone your local Mits garage see if they know

Sorry cant find $hit on disc size
:confused: :confused: :confused:

haydar
04-06-2003, 09:02 PM
The standard VR4 disks are exactly the same size at EVO IV disks.

Spirit
04-06-2003, 09:08 PM
The other thread about this INSERT INTO post VALUES (Evo VI Brake Calipers) says the Evo V to VII discs fit no problems aswell ?

If this is the case the MLR guys seem to favour the Ferodo DS2500 pads for all round use. They also mention the Ferodo DS3000 pads but these are more for endurance and eat discs.

I read Pagid are good aswell so not really made mind up yet on the pads, but if the discs are as above I suppose will be Tarox.

There was a VR-4 at Japfest with Tarox discs. Can't remember the guys name INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry) but he had a 300ZX aswell so we MUST be able to use them - it was the car next to Brind's on the stand INSERT INTO post VALUES (facelift version) and Barry actually took a pic of the discs INSERT INTO post VALUES (see the Japfest pics in the "Meets" section - its the pic on the far right of the 2nd row)

Pete

jaysback
04-06-2003, 09:17 PM
evo 4/5 non bremo discs fit straight on.
spoke to ebc direct regarding this.
they sent them to me and they fit.
they r also pretty noisey in operation and the guys on mlr dont rate them at all.
i fried mine they r away getting skimmed at the mo.
but they do fit :)

BraindG
04-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Barry actually took a pic of the discs INSERT INTO post VALUES (see the Japfest pics in the "Meets" section - its the pic on the far right of the 2nd row)

Pete

I knew there was a reason for taking that picture :D

Brind
04-06-2003, 09:55 PM
The owner is Il Dottore INSERT INTO post VALUES (Phil); if that helps any :)
You can send him a PM to ask him go to this thread http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204 to find his name and then send him a PM.

Spirit
04-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Checked the EBC discs on Graham Goode's website and as follows:

Evo IV - 294mm 5 stud INSERT INTO post VALUES (24mm thick)
Evo V and VI - Brembo 320mm vented 5 stud INSERT INTO post VALUES (32mm thick)

Now what :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( ?

The manual I have just says Ventilated disc 16" on the front !

This is P***ing me off now!

Brind
04-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Will he physically see your car tomorrow? if so maybe he could match them up by just looking?

Otherwise, would just measuring them tell you?

Spirit
04-06-2003, 10:06 PM
No he won't see my car tomorrow - place is 45 mins away from me and have to work :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

He suggested measuring them but hoped would not have to go through the hassle of taking wheel off INSERT INTO post VALUES (lazy git !)

Maybe will have to just call Mitsy dealer

Pete

haydar
04-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by jaysback
evo 4/5 non bremo discs fit straight on.
spoke to ebc direct regarding this.
they sent them to me and they fit.
they r also pretty noisey in operation and the guys on mlr dont rate them at all.
i fried mine they r away getting skimmed at the mo.
but they do fit :)

They are definitely noisy! However they don't work to bad. What's crap are the EBC pads, which need to be warmed up before they start to operate well.

calum
04-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Front disc sizes

2.5 VR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (E88) '93-'97 Standard Vented 5 / Plain

A 294
B 155
C 46
D 24

Same as EVO 4 and EVO 5 non brembo

Not sure about post '97, but can't really imagine it's any different.

Calum

Spirit
04-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Have sent Phil and email to get the info on his set up, but found another post by him on another thread:

"I spoke to them about this when I was looking to upgrade. IIRC, it is a 330mm Kit which of course, needs 17" wheels. "

So does this mean the following :

1: Those with standard 16" wheels have to fit 294mm discs
2: Those with 17" or above wheels can fit 294/320/330mm discs ?

This is all too much for me now
:Cry1: LOL

Pete

Brind
04-06-2003, 10:57 PM
£££££££££££££££££££ :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

But you know she/he/it is worth it.:)

Spirit
04-06-2003, 10:59 PM
:inlove: Damn right he/she/it is worth it !

jaysback
05-06-2003, 05:26 AM
i think u have cracked it m8
16" wheels 294 mm disk
17" wheels 320mm+ disk INSERT INTO post VALUES (you need to do calipers also to convert to this size disk.
evo4 fit definatly
do it....................

Spirit
05-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Made a decision. I am taking the car to our potential new parts supplier INSERT INTO post VALUES (watch out for more info soon!) for him to measure the discs and pads exactly on Saturday.

At the moment it looks like I will be going for Pagid discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads. These pads are well raved about by the MLR guys and are used as standard in most AP Racing Kits - quote from their site:

"Almost all AP Racing brake kits come complete with Ferodo DS2500 pads. These are ideally suited for all round performance road use. We can advise on, or specify and supply alternative pads specifically for track days."

Will update you after this

Pete

wildfaye
02-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi, with regards to the Pic shown above, can anyone confirm the measurment 'C' for the rear rotors of the 2000 VR4 please?

Thank you all!
Sam

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?s=&time=&postid=2646