PDA

View Full Version : caps part number help please!

Louis
27-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi,
Can someone with caps please get me a parts number (or numbers) for, Driveshaft oil seals for an EVO 8 rear SAYC diff, I need both left and right, cheers Louis

peter thomson
27-04-2009, 11:23 PM
MD755526 and MD707184. They are appear to be the same for the Galant/Legnum

Louis
27-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Stunning service, thank you very much, cheers Louis

Davezj
28-04-2009, 01:06 AM
i seem to have a little leak from the rear diff, is it easy to change the oil seal? i was hoping it would be an oil seal job and nothing more serious.

Or is it like my old jeep and the oil seal goes in from the inside of the diff which means the diff has do come out of the housing then the seals go in and the diff is put back in and driveshafts go back in.

eyeballprawn
14-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Thread from the dead... Dave did you ever tackle the leaking rear diff job? I'm also keen to find out if it's as simple as popping the shaft out and swapping the leaky seal for a new one. Cheers.

Louis
14-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Thread from the dead... Dave did you ever tackle the leaking rear diff job? I'm also keen to find out if it's as simple as popping the shaft out and swapping the leaky seal for a new one. Cheers.

It is that simple!, get the shaft out, prise out the old seal and push in the new one, all done. :)

Davezj
16-12-2010, 02:13 PM
no i never got round to it, but i should do as the diff is out of the car and i have the seals read to fit. Unfortunately i do not have the car anymore. so impetus to change the seal has not been forthcoming