PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter

T O NUTTER
19-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Decided To Get New Air Filter For My Car Cos I Cant Get Second Hand So Can Anyone Tell Me What Is Good And Best For My 2001 Vr4. :-d

BraindG
19-04-2004, 02:25 PM
HKS is what ive got, and a few others..
main drawbacks is it sucks in loads of hot air from the engine.
so you can either relocate the filter, or get some form of heat shield to protect it.

Few of the guys have the cone shaped ones, again they suffer from allot of hot air, so relocate/protect, or... you can get a glove thing for it, with a pipe on the end, which basically encapsulates the cone filter, and the pipe, provides fresh air from the bumper area..

any filter you choose, without relocating, can be protected by a heat shield, adding a pipe or two for fresh air, and you'll be in a better position...

some, have even stuck their upgraded filter into the box currently being used for the filter, however i feel it requires more fresh air that is available.. considering the findings with the bonnet arm (it blocking the airflow)

Then, of course theres the BDA beancan job.... equally as effective.. (do search for beancan)

So, its up to you really, what you want to do...

i went HKS, cos im a name junkie, and half my gear is HKS :thinking:

T O NUTTER
19-04-2004, 04:03 PM
SO I CAN HAVE A PIPE MADE FROM MY SENSOR TO THE FRONT OF MY BUMPER AND THEN STICK ON ANY FILTER,THAT WILL GIVE ME COOL AIR, ANYWAY WHAT YOU DOIN 2 NIGHT WANA MEET UP AND VEIW THESE WHEELS AND WE CAN CHAT? :undecided GIVE US A BELL 07773027560

BraindG
19-04-2004, 04:48 PM
ill give you a call tonight, i want to go to blackburn to drop of some wheels at mo's... but i need to call him first to see if its coolio