PDA

View Full Version : Digital Fuel Adjuster

sightless
30-04-2009, 11:59 AM
I've not changed my mind on the mapecu2 but i came accross this on trademe.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Performance/Electronics/auction-215974759.htm
Its a Jaycar unit

128 load points? 135$?
anyone used one or know someone that has?

Anderz
30-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I have no experience of them, but it says the controller modifies voltage MAF siglals, and our cars use a frequency signal. I think it won't work, except for changing the lambda signal.

Dom B
30-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Go to jaycar.com and you can get this unit for £25. I have used one on a turbo conversion and although limited, did help to tune the car. It is by no way a substitute for a proper mapped controller.

What it does is to alter the Mass air flow signal up and down a bit at 128 points along its travel so you fool the car into thinking there is more or less air. It takes no reference to load just air meter position or flow rate voltage in the case of wire maf. It cant be used with film maf as the newer ones use frequency instead of signal voltage, so you would need to pre process the signal into voltage then back again.

You have to tune it with the lambda disconnected so it doesn't keep trying to correct your settings.