PDA

View Full Version : One wheel-arch extensions thread to tie all the others up?

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Call me whatever you like but there are so many different threads and views circulating I am struggling to make sense of it all!!!

Wheel Arch Extensions.......

1. Are they available as after market for both Pre and Post Face Lift?

2. If not can someone make them?

3. How do post F/L fit pre F/L and what extras are needed?

4. Costs involved?

Please feel free to add any other questions as this does seem a "Hot Topic" and if you think it worthy could it be made a "Sticky" thread? There seems to be so many pre facelift owners who would like them it must be worthwhile someone like VR4WGN or UK equivalent producing them as a kit!

Over to you guys........ I'll get my coat...... /help :rifle: :huh2: /TTTH

bradc
30-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Woodeye is the guy that makes them and to get them to fit onto a PFL properly and to look good you need the side skirts and rear bumper valences too.

elnevio
30-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Mitzitech had some on his before he sold it to Confused (I can't recall if they are still on it!): http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/uploaded/50343/1234466460.jpg

Which are available here: http://www.speeding.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000069.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww.speeding.co.u k%2f&WD=arch&PN=Wheel_Arch_Extensions.html%23a168#a168

Wodjno
30-04-2009, 09:30 PM
One thread to tie all the others up?

but it still doesn't tell us which is best ?? Pre or Post ?? Leggy or Galant ? Auto or Man ??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ANTHONY
30-04-2009, 09:36 PM

but it still doesn't tell us which is best ?? Pre or Post ?? Leggy or Galant ? Auto or Man ??

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :Din the voice of Harry Hill (only one way to find out) .....FIGHT

peter thomson
30-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I have a set from Woodeye that I will be fitting shortly but as I have the Dolphin rear valence and skirts they fit without any mods. I've had them for a while but didn't want to fit them without the seals and Mitsubishi want £17.50 for each seal . I have now found an alternative but have still to fit them which shouldn't be long now.

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 09:38 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Agreed!!! I have just realised all I have done is opened another can of worms.....

I now have my coat on and I'm exiting stage left!

/Wave /Wave /Wave

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 09:44 PM
OK OK!!!!

Can I start another thread with what I really meant......

I want a set that fits my pre facelift as cheaply as possible and without having to alter the rest of the bodywork??

/pan /pan /pan /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

elnevio
30-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I refer you to my first post!

Different style I know, but worth a look!

Wodjno
30-04-2009, 09:48 PM
OK OK!!!!

Can I start another thread with what I really meant......

I want a set that fits my pre facelift as cheaply as possible and without having to alter the rest of the bodywork??

/pan /pan /pan /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Well i got a Pair of Facelift Sideskirts /yes If that helps /Hmmm

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Well i got a Pair of Facelift Sideskirts /yes If that helps /Hmmm

You live in a field.....

Not just any field but a field that I need a "Star Trek" transmogrophier to get to.... Its would be easier for me to drive to the moon than to your place again......

:thinking: How much ? When are you next in? :thinking:

Wodjno
30-04-2009, 09:53 PM
You live in a field.....

Not just any field but a field that I need a "Star Trek" transmogrophier to get to.... Its would be easier for me to drive to the moon than to your place again......

:thinking: How much ? When are you next in? :thinking:

No i don't /pan

Thats where the cars are /rally

the Sideskirts are at my house /yes

There pretty light and shouldn't be much to post /Hmmm

elnevio
30-04-2009, 09:54 PM
And I've amended the title of the thread to something slightly more descriptive of the original subject matter!

Wodjno
30-04-2009, 09:55 PM
And I've amended the title of the thread to something slightly more descriptive of the original subject matter!

Boring Old Fart /pan

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 09:59 PM
No i don't /pan

Thats where the cars are /rally

the Sideskirts are at my house /yes

There pretty light and shouldn't be much to post /Hmmm

Then what else would I need........ :happy:

Wodjno
30-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Then what else would I need........ :happy:

Some Arch Extensions /pan

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Some Arch Extensions /pan

Please refer to my earlier post regarding "Coat" and "Exit".....

thehedgepig
30-04-2009, 10:05 PM
"FL bumper, side skirts and rear lip to make them fit" is what all the other posts say......

VR4WGN
30-04-2009, 10:10 PM
hi guys,um to inform you all,i have fitted Woodeyes Flares to the 1 purple PRE FACELIFT Legnum and put the falelift skirts and bumper on it,they fit MINT,no work required...(cutting or bending i mean),theyl fit nicely,and to confirm that i will be putting a set on the other purple legnumwich is set up as Pre facelift,ill get pics up for you guys.
as for the rubbers,youll see that i did NOT use the rubber,it fits snugly onto the car without any adhesive or foam or anything

peter thomson
30-04-2009, 10:15 PM
They still look better with the seals. Any plans to do a guide to fitting them . They need to be sealed in the UK or the arches will soon rust with crap trapped in the arch

hi guys,um to inform you all,i have fitted Woodeyes Flares to the 1 purple PRE FACELIFT Legnum and put the falelift skirts and bumper on it,they fit MINT,no work required...(cutting or bending i mean),theyl fit nicely,and to confirm that i will be putting a set on the other purple legnumwich is set up as Pre facelift,ill get pics up for you guys.
as for the rubbers,youll see that i did NOT use the rubber,it fits snugly onto the car without any adhesive or foam or anything

VR4WGN
30-04-2009, 10:32 PM
um yes i will try get a system done up but i think i did originally, search arche flares or similar and youll see iv posted it there,um as for the sealing due to rust,whats the difference between the rubber in there and nothing? id say the rubber would cause it to rust faster.. if thats the case youd need to fuse them to the car then,ie silicon sealer or similare and then rubberise the inside of the flares and guard after attaching.leme know what you think tho

peter thomson
30-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I read the other posts you put up before . I plan on using tiger seal to attach the arch and clips as you posted and then sealing between the fibreglass arch and the wing. It 's being able to hold the arch in place while the sealent takes a hold that worries me

n13l pm
30-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I read the other posts you put up before . I plan on using tiger seal to attach the arch and clips as you posted and then sealing between the fibreglass arch and the wing. It 's being able to hold the arch in place while the sealent takes a hold that worries me

Might have to use some sort of small plastic g-clamp then pad the end which will clamp on to the outer arch, i guess. Only thing is you will a fair number of them.

peter thomson
30-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Might have to use some sort of small plastic g-clamp then pad the end which will clamp on to the outer arch, i guess. Only thing is you will a fair number of them.

I had thoght about that but I'm worried about damaging the paint as they will have to be prepainted. I assume I may just have to paint them and leave them to harden for a while before fitting them

VR4WGN
01-05-2009, 01:52 AM
hey dude,worry not lol,um do you know how to do a little bit of modifying with fibreglass or some good stron adhesives? if so,use take on the flares (unpainted) and sit them in place then get some little steel plates,guage thickness is best,then bend to suit and fasten them to the flares,then drill hole in guard if you want and screw to it,then glue once youv got it mounted correctly,i glassed the mounting lugs onto the flares and drilled and screwed the flares to the guards,(hence no glue or rubber and the fitment ws mint,ill see if i have some pics or if i can find the ones i posted

VR4WGN
01-05-2009, 01:57 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26734&d=1239607900

thereya go,adopt the same as this for the rear,and you should be sweet,please note that you DONT need the facelift items to make these fit but to make them suit the flow then yes youll need them,but on the 2nd purple vr4 ill be putting flares on that and keeping the system pre facelift,so ill be slightyl changing the end caps of the flare system and ill post pics,then we will sit and make a fitment guide of some sort
thanx

VR4WGN
03-05-2009, 09:20 PM
ok im not going to be playing with the flares i created,there will be just too much work,i had a play and as a flare bolting on it will catch on the guards as you steer, see when i made mine i widened the guards about 50mm so they step out quite a bit to clear steering,the guards are fibreglass so i also cut out the inner rail to ensure suspension movement,sorry guys but its just going to be too much work lol,but if someone is sure of wanting them ill do them as a paying job,but i kinda only really made them for my project leggy