PDA

View Full Version : Cars factory fit AMP

Piers1989
02-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Ive uprated all the speakers in my car and put im my custom stereo, but when i turn the car off (even thought ive wired the stereo to stay on) the speakers turn off.

I asked our local pro audio shop and thyve also agreed that there must be a factory amp in the car somewhere that my sound is running through.

This would aslo explain why my 45W RMS speakers kind of have no bass at volume, as the factory amp will be 15W RMS for the factory speakers i replaced.

Does anyone know where our factory fit amp is loacted?

Turbo_Steve
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Er.....no.
But it might be easiest to simply attack the wiring loom just before the doors and run your own, higher current speaker cable.

Atik
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Is it not behind the trim in the side of the boot, behing the driver side rear wheel well? I seem to remember thats where I saw some pics of the original Mitsy sound system controller thingumajig!

Roberto
02-05-2009, 06:46 PM
As T-S says, just replace the wiring.

It's not actually that bad getting new wires into the doors, just a bit of determination and time.

Piers1989
02-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I know this is an option, but it would be easier to jsut splice the wires end to end on the factory amp. Also it would (knowing me) look alot tidier.

wantavr4
03-05-2009, 04:51 AM
As steve and reberto said. Plus, the factory speaker cables mite not be able to carry the power of the new amp so you mite be pissing into the wind. Wasnt there a complete wiring manual posted up recently in the members area? that would be your best bet if you dont want to go tracing wires.

bigoxo
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM
When I fitted my new amp and speakers etc I found crap loads of other wiring that had been in the car from previous installs. Most of it was under the glove box and in the passenger side sill. I swear I stripped out about 2kg of boxes and well over 10m of wire! oh, and a flare!