PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Factory turbo, intercooler and bov

Stevo
03-05-2009, 09:51 AM
hi there, im NOT looking to buy at the moment (havnt got the $$$) but i am looking at making my ST-R into a vr4 in the not to distant future, and as i cannot afford to do it completely after market parts :bigcry: i was hoping sombody would be able to give me a coupla rough prices for these parts iv got evrything else i think only time will tell there lol

thanks in advance
stephen

bradc
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I've got a factory intercooler and bov, and a couple of turbos (well they aren't at my house at the moment, but they do belong to me)

I am in no hurry to get rid of any of them, so just send me a PM when the time comes. Where in the country are you? (sorry I think I've asked that in the past, but you don't have it in your profile)

Stevo
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
im in dunedin, that offer sounds good to me thankyou i will get intouch about them in the future

scott.mohekey
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I have these items as well. I'm in Christchurch.

VR4WGN
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
wouldnt it be cheaper to supply you with a vr4 engine,loom and ecu's?? i think it it,its much more work to turb the st-r engines

Stevo
04-05-2009, 08:44 AM
i have noidea lol i guess i will find out lol, i wont be able to afford a 6a13tt and loom im not that rich lol, i dont mind doing alotta work to get it upta spec, what is the difference between the looms, i have a loom off a vr4 or at least most of it, what would i need to get off it that isint in the st-r?? im a complete noob when it comes to turbo's i know how they work and what most of the perhiperals do but no idea on what sensors there are ect lol all my experince is with N/A performance cars

sorry if all this has been covered i couldnt find anything on it with search, but if sombody could point me in the right direction.

mods if this gets a few reply's it might be better suited in the performance mod's forum sorry

bradc
04-05-2009, 09:27 PM
The loom is quite different, the ecu's are completely different as well, so you will need both.

VR4WGN
05-05-2009, 03:03 AM
dude,um round $3000 i would supply engine ,ecu's, loom's and possibly include a gearbox too.and fit the conversion for you,or you could just sell your ride and buy a vr4 for like $3500 i sell a few of them,i have 1 comming up in a week or so anyhow lol,search bro,youll get a cheap vr4 then you can spend mone yon other things on it to upgrade,no one has money dude no one lol

Fully
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM
South Island prices please. $3000 your kidding right?
This **** pisses me off it close to extortion if you ask me, this is a club how about we give people some good deals instead of ripping them off.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Mitsubishi/Engines/auction-216264239.htm
I could buy a whole car at that price! =)

Stevo
05-05-2009, 07:57 AM
yea $3000 is a bit steep dude, i could buy a crashed 1 with everything for half that and it would just be a case of swappin the parts over, i have a a basic knowledge of electrics and mechanical engineering so i rekon i would be able 2 do the swap if i had a hoist and a better tool kit lol

Gly
05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
dude,um round $3000 i would supply engine ,ecu's, loom's and possibly include a gearbox too.and fit the conversion for you,or you could just sell your ride and buy a vr4 for like $3500 i sell a few of them,

Fully, Stevo, you guys are idiots.

do you read carefully before you post,
labour isnt free, he's running a bussiness, not a ****en charity.

3k for the lot inc labour seams fair, this sorta think takes time,
just dont wave a wand over it a make it happen,

its alot of work! even a basic engine swap can take the best part of the day,
and theres no loom change involved

Subaru ETA
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
i agree with carsten on this one! i know i wouldnt do the job for free!!! well we have done before and we kinda got dicked with that... fair price i say

Fully
05-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm sorry Q
I will take my comments back I honestly dident see the labour part of it in your post.

/me runs and hides.

Stevo
05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
i also apoligise for my comments on the price i realise that labour isint free, and 3 grand doing a full engine and loom swap is probably a fair price for supply and fit job, the prob is i dont have that kind of money so was hoping to turn my st-r into a vr4, i now know that there is a difference bewteen the two looms if sombody could please tell me what parts of the looms are different, i am planning on keeping the st-r block and internals all the same (yes i know a vr4 is doch and the str is soch) i just need to know what extra sensors need to be inserted and what needs to be removed.

im not planning to have AYC or TCS so that dosent need to be addressed, basically its turboing a N/A engine any help would be appericated.

if there is a article in the members section just let me know as im planning on becoming a member next week so will draw off that

Gly
05-05-2009, 10:07 AM
theres only a v6 to vr4 complete swap not a turbo'n the v6
only seen one car thats had it done, know nothing about it thou

Stevo
05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
damn, looks like i will be the second lol :D