PDA

View Full Version : Invecs II Fluid Type & Quantity ?

EdmundVR4
05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Hello,
I have a 1995 E84A VR4 with Invecs II 4 spd.Automatic transmission. The car has been siiting in my garage for about 2 years waiting on body parts to effect repairs after an accident to the rear. I would like to change all fluids as the car is finally being repaired.

I need some information : What is the correct Transmission Fluid for the Invecs II ? (Mitsubishi fluids are not available here) And how much is needed ?

Thanks...

elnevio
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I *think* the transmission on the E84A, is not INVECS-II, but the earlier INVECS. I still can't help with the type of fluid required, but hopefully clarifying the gearbox type will help - and may mean that a Dexron III ATF *may* be suitable.

If not, I would have thought that Mitsubishi would have specified their DiaQueen SP-II (or SP-I) ATF, or something meeting those specifications. Hopefully, someone can clear this up for you. :thumbsup:

I'd be certain that Amsoil's Universal ATF would do the job though. :)

crazydriver81
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
The AT fluid must be at least compatible to Mitsubishi Diamond SPII standard (for your 7G Galant) or Diamond SPIII standard (on 8G Galants).

I strongly recommend Amsoil ATF which can be purchased from Don Miles at www.Performanceoilsltd.co.uk. Maybe you can find a source nearer to your location to supply Amsoil ATF as it is produced in the US.

AMSOIL ATF has several advantages, e.g. higher thermal stability than common fluids. However, a full flush including the torque converter is recommended. On a 8G Galant you would need around 10 litres to do a full flush, so I think on a 7G it would be a bit less but not that much.

Hope that helps...

EdmundVR4
07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the responses. I think I will try the Amsoil ATF although I was hoping for a more definitive answer.