PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Lincoln Road

FNFAST VR4
07-05-2009, 09:47 PM
So the Mrs declared we are NOT taking my car away until I have my heater fixed (it hasn't gone since the gearbox came out a couple of years ago). I don't have time to fix it before we go so she books it in to Mitsi on Lincoln Road.

Has anyone had any experience with them? She dropped it in this morning, and they remarked that it was pretty low and they'd need to be careful with it. I guess that's a good start!

She takes hers there all the time so they can't be that bad I guess....

I'm just dreading getting the bill! Goodbye bonus :(

FNFAST VR4
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I totally put this in the wrong place hahaha. TGIF is all I have to say...

Kenneth
07-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Moved

Subaru ETA
08-05-2009, 01:20 AM
so i wont be seeing your car today at work i take it!

my parents had some average dealings with them but that was many many years ago so cant really comment...

however id say its a very good thing that they did comment on it being low - at least they should be careful with it

FNFAST VR4
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
so i wont be seeing your car today at work i take it!

my parents had some average dealings with them but that was many many years ago so cant really comment...

however id say its a very good thing that they did comment on it being low - at least they should be careful with it

I took the mrs VR4 to work yesterday!

One of the dudes working on the scaffolding next to the parking tower goes:

Him "Hey bro - nice VR4"

Me "Thanks"

Him "Is it single turb?"

Me "Nah twin"

Him "Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrr. That'd boost heaps eh?"

Me "It does ok"

Him "Is it a drift machine?" (The bumper got wrecked by the wheel alignment place earlier this week so is off getting fixed)

Me "Nah mate"

Him "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet"

Was funny as. Altho as my workmates pointed out he's never commented on my car hahaha.

My heater got fixed in the end $360. They said the bottom thermostat was buggered. The bottom radiator hose wasn't getting hot at all.

Apparently the computer was full of fault codes for the air con, but they just assumed someone had been playing with it and cleared them all. The air con has always worked perfectly though so not sure what thats about.

They looked at my wheel bearings and suspension too and said they couldn't fault it so that's good!

Next step: Panel beating!

bradc
08-05-2009, 11:57 PM
What are the specs on her VR-4?

FNFAST VR4
09-05-2009, 02:41 AM
What are the specs on her VR-4?

It's pretty standard. It's a facelift galant. I think its lowered in the front only as it sits quite high in the back. Has a big exhaust, K&N panel filter. Momo alloys. It does look the part. She refers to it as "The pretty car" since I need some panel work done on mine haha.

Edit: And she has a carbon dash, whereas I have plastic "woodgrain"

bradc
09-05-2009, 03:20 AM
I've got a spare woodgrain dash here, we can swap and you'll have a matching pair :D

FNFAST VR4
09-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I've got a spare woodgrain dash here, we can swap and you'll have a matching pair :D

Ewww, no thanks /lol

bradc
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Worth a shot!

OnBoost!
11-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Andrew Simms Mitsubishi are great,I took my car in for a WOF,and they cleaned my car inside and out,and also put tyre shine on the tyres!

I've never had that happen anywhere else.

Ryan
11-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I had that too when I went there for a WOF. Take it that your gearbox has been sorted out now?

OnBoost!
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
I had that too when I went there for a WOF. Take it that your gearbox has been sorted out now?

Nope,I went there for a wof in March.

I'm waiting on a part for the gearbox,after that's fitted hopefully it will be sorted.

Subaru ETA
20-07-2011, 12:42 AM
My experience with Mitsi on Lincoln Rd can be seen here - http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?58415-4G63-question

So far so good....

FNFAST VR4
30-08-2011, 10:51 AM
They're shutting up shop tomorrow, moving in with Andrew Simms in Newmarket.

Subaru ETA
30-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, sad really. That place has been around for a VERY long time.

All the mechanics have been made redundant

OnBoost!
30-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh that sucks! I'll have to find a new place to take my car then.