View Full Version : Avatars

venomboy
22-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Ok, let's try another tack, is there any way of blocking avatars on
my computer. A show/hide avatar button?
VB

SGHOM
22-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Iv'e been married for 20 odd years, & got 4 teenage kids !! It's the only time I get to see a pair of thrupenny bits !! :$ :$

landy
22-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Iv'e been married for 20 odd years, & got 4 teenage kids !! It's the only time I get to see a pair of thrupenny bits !! :$ :$
:lolz:
although good point vemonboy, but that would probably mean all avatars would be hidden :(

Brind
22-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Go to your user CP.

Edit Options.

Scroll down to Thread Display Options.

Uncheck Show Avatars.

Japmetal
24-04-2004, 12:44 AM
I still cant even HAVE an Avatar :(

Is this gonna be a members-only privelige ?

venomboy
24-04-2004, 07:45 AM
I made my request, you made your choice, end of story.
VB

nick-f1
24-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Does this mean I can put my bouncy boobs avatar back now?

Nick. Hopeful. :$

Kieran
24-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Does this mean I can put my bouncy boobs avatar back now?

Nick. Hopeful. :$

:soapbox: :furious3:

Bleh, what is it with people wanting to display avatars of female anatomy?!?! Good grief, most of you are grown men with wives/partners and kids!!!

Raaagh!

Yours truly,
Disgusted of KieransVille :|

Brind
24-04-2004, 08:48 PM
The only time I'd not want to look at breasts is when the lid is screwed down..

nick-f1
24-04-2004, 09:06 PM
:soapbox: :furious3:

Yours truly,
Disgusted of KieransVille :|

Cor! If i hadn't read somewhere about yr GF I might have thought you leant the other way! ( Only joking Keiran Honest! ( dons flameproof suit)) I agree wholeheartedly with Brind- good man eh what! You have a GLS that you adore do you not? Does having one stop you from looking at others or coveting them?( ooh look, I've come over all biblical!) Same differance I think and rest my case! ( leaving out the prudes of course.)

Still hopeful

Nick :thinking:

Kieran
24-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Same differance I think and rest my case!

You what?!?!?! :thinking:
You think that a partner is an object, a posession, just like a sodding CAR?!?!?! :wtf: :shifty:

It's not about being 'prudish'... It's about respect for women! I bet you'd scream blue murder if someone's avatar was a picure of a penis!! Both have their place and I don't think Club VR-4 is it!!! :Eek1: :argue:

SGHOM
24-04-2004, 10:29 PM
now now children !!! lets not get teddy out of the cot !!
I've removed my avatar in respect of other peoples wishes. but that does not exclude me from wanting to look at a nice pair of jubblies !! :-D :$
would the sun newspaper sell any copies if page 3 was removed ??? I think not. same goes for the star & the sport !! or in the case of the sport, pages 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, etec, etc !! :$ :$
As i presume this a more male orientated site, [ how many of your wives/ girlfriends actually look whilst your typing away ??] I cannot see a problem with 'mens' humour ??
At least we have'nt reached the depths of some forums !!................... yet !! :$ :$
just my tuppenth !!

Spirit
24-04-2004, 11:26 PM
My final thoughts on the subject:

1: If your wife/gf does not approve then tell them not to look
2: If work tell you off then dont be on here, do some proper work - and be lucky you have net access at work anyhow
3: Barry has alread said he does not mind
4: Who's it really hurting ? And those who do not approve then do you also not buy these newspapers with flaunted ladies in, car mags with them in and the such because of this ?
5: Shouldn't we be more worried about such things as "How Do We Get More Paying Members" ?? ;)

jtfleming
24-04-2004, 11:34 PM
My final thoughts on the subject:

1: If your wife/gf does not approve then tell them not to look
2: If work tell you off then dont be on here, do some proper work - and be lucky you have net access at work anyhow
3: Barry has alread said he does not mind
4: Who's it really hurting ? And those who do not approve then do you also not buy these newspapers with flaunted ladies in, car mags with them in and the such because of this ?
5: Shouldn't we be more worried about such things as "How Do We Get More Paying Members" ?? ;)

I agree but Keiran has a good point as it has been said before that there are female members of this club :thinking: :thinking:

Spirit
24-04-2004, 11:46 PM
I agree but Keiran has a good point as it has been said before that there are female members of this club :thinking: :thinking:

Then I agree we should allow them to have naked mens chests as avatars too :-D :-D :-D

Brind
24-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Then I agree we should allow them to have naked mens chests as avatars too :-D :-D :-D

Now that IS pushing it! :-D

wirdy
25-04-2004, 12:00 AM
I must admit it has been nice to be able to log onto the site at any time of the day with my daughter in the room.

I'm not about to preach about what individuals should or should not do, this is just a car forum after all - it just restricts when I can access the site. ;)

Brind
25-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Look what you're missing.... here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.brindley1/britanim.gif)

Uh huh.. the best pose Britney Spears ever did. :smitten:

wirdy
25-04-2004, 12:47 AM
I think I can (as a member) disable avatars anyway, if I need to. So no big deal.

Enjoy your titfest guys. I know what I'll be missing...../sniffle......

nick-f1
25-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Keep your hair on Keiran! Perhaps that was a bad analogy- her indoors a possesion- good grief........... Thats not what I meant! AND I think you know that. There is not one single avatar that I have seen on this site that is in anyway remotely offensive or that I would not let my 6 year old son see. Perhaps we are more broadminded down south here ....... who knows, but I was brought up to be broad minded and I try to be the same with my kids. The naked body is nothing to be ashamed of ......... male or female! A pair of boobs offensive? Ridiculous :furious3: :stupid:

venomboy
25-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Why? can you not compartmentalise for one minute? You can't discuss cars unless you have a pair of breasts in front of you? You demean yourselves and drag the rest of us down with you, when I try to tell a work colleague of the opposite sex that we're not all knuckle dragging Sun readers she only has to look at my favourite website to see that we ARE. Grow up for god's sake.
VB

Spirit
25-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Thats a bit harsh VB, and to be honest have you never thought that your avatar may not also offend some people ?

Everyone has their own tastes and here we have so far prided ourselves on being mature enough to accept that.

Any internal differences such as this will be decided by the moderating team. Therefore I have put a thread up in the moderators forum to make a final decision on this matter - and then it's closed once and for all.

Will update you as soon as we know.

Pete

nick-f1
25-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Small minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!