PDA

View Full Version : Galant estate interior swapping query

arsenal4790
12-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi there I need help!!!! Could anyone tell me if the interior for a P reg Galant estate will fit a X reg 2001 Galant Estate. Thanks George

elnevio
12-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Moved your post to a new thread on it's own, as it was a bit conspicuous in the thread it was in!

Anyway, /Welcome2 to CVR4.

The answer to your question, is yes, in short.

There may be connectivity issues with airbags, leccy and heated seats, etc. Depends on the specifics of what you're looking at. Do you have any more details?

Davezj
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
the seats and door cards and center console should fit. but as said above elecy/heated seats you will have to think about the wiring involved , but airbags if the electrics are not there i would NOT just splice the extra bags in .

i did a 2003 sport estate interior into a P reg VR4 legnum so i know it works. but you are doing the other way round so i imagine you are going to loose the side airbags in the seat. and unless you found an electric seat option in the the P reg you have found you will be loosing that as well.

psbarham
13-05-2009, 06:43 AM
so i imagine you are going to loose the side airbags in the seat. and unless you found an electric seat option in the the P reg you have found you will be loosing that as well.

all the uk v6's came with side airbags.

Confused
13-05-2009, 10:15 AM
The only thing you will lose by putting in the earlier interior is the central headrest on the rear seat, and also the 3-point belt for the middle, as the earlier interior doesn't have either of those - so you'll have to mount up a lap belt for the middle ;)

GalantOnly
13-05-2009, 10:19 AM
...and you may loose the "pockets" on the back of the front seats.../JawDroppi