PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Club VR4 rendering in Google Chrome

HMG1K
16-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Folks,

I've just moved over from Internet Explorer 7 to Google Chrome /googleit (which is so much faster at page loading from start up and general faster speeds when navigating for those of you haven't tried it yet) - however there's a small problem with this site in Chrome.

Clicking on any of the header links (HOME / FORUM / SHOWPLACE / etc) doesn't give the drop-down sub-menu to choose from, you click on it and nothing happens.

Same thing goes for any other header on the site which would also would throw up a drop-down sub menu.

I don't know if this was the case before the change over the other day as I've only been on Chrome the last 24 hours.

Stevo
16-05-2009, 08:37 AM
id sae its chrome dude, the drop down menus work for me, they dont work on my ps3 however, sorry man

HMG1K
16-05-2009, 08:41 AM
id sae its chrome dude, the drop down menus work for me, they dont work on my ps3 however, sorry man

Deffo Chrome hassle - as this feature works fine in IE7 still. /Elmo

Just wondering if its something we need to do as a club to make it compatible with Chrome or if it is a bug in Chrome itself.

Zaid
16-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I think Google Chrome is good but has many issues and this is one of them.

Have you by the way tried IE8? in my view its way better than IE7, for example when it crashes it reopens all your last browsing sessions.

Stevo
16-05-2009, 09:18 AM
im lovn ie8 so much better, runs brilliantly on win 7 azwell

HMG1K
16-05-2009, 09:52 AM
I think Google Chrome is good but has many issues and this is one of them.

Have you by the way tried IE8? in my view its way better than IE7, for example when it crashes it reopens all your last browsing sessions.

Oooooooo! Duidn't know about IE8 - I got into Chrome as our work mails are now on Google Mail Corporate, so it renders better / quicker in that.

Will check out IE8!

Johnny_Cashed
16-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Firefox FTW!

wantavr4
16-05-2009, 02:21 PM
im lovn ie8 so much better, runs brilliantly on win 7 azwell

I agree.

White Lightning
16-05-2009, 08:16 PM
It's a Google Chrome issue as it does not support dynamic HTML which is what the drop down menus use.

I too like Chrome as it's much faster than IE7 and use it for almost everything except CVR4 due to the above.

Have just installed IE8 but have not really made an assessment about it yet. Although it does seem to work OK with our site.

TAR
16-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Search is your friend! /STP

I asked the very same question some months back. I still use Chrome but from the home page, I click on the link to elnevio and then you can click on new posts from there.

I like Chrome its far superior to IE, even with its little quirks.
:happy:

Spirit
17-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Had IE8 for a few days now, but since last night things have been running quite slow......not sure if its my BB connection or IE8....so will keep an eye on things

Ryan
17-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Another weird thing - I use Chrome and can't access my PM's? It's like clicking air... In order to send a PM or Pager to someone I need to click their user profile and then select the "send user PM" etc.