PDA

View Full Version : Passed MOT

Nick VR4
23-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Forgot about this (other things on my mind job related)

Took the car to a Mits Dealer in Blackpool for MOT Tuesday
It passed :-D

A few issues but nothing not to pass MOT

I need a new tyre slow puncture thats can't be repaired
Track rod end is a bit iffy
And something about the steering being notchy ????

And some other small issues that will be sorted out at next service

:-b :-D

Nick Mann
23-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Nice one. Hope the little issues are cheap to put right. What the hell does 'notchy steering' mean?

Roadrunner
23-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I suspect the steering rod ends are on the way out too :(

Brian

Spirit
23-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Just found out tonight my track rod ends are worn too :(

Brind
24-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Do you have your warranty still Nick?

One of the benefits from it is that if you fail the MOT the warranty repairs whats needed to pass.

Spirit
24-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Just got a call from my garage - can get the track rod ends for £25 each, so not so bad - they are coming Monday so will get them done next week ;)

Nick VR4
24-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeap I have warranty
It did pass the MOT

So the service guy said when it comes in for next service there look at those problems

Wodjno
24-04-2004, 04:46 PM
hi .. i just put vr4 in for MOT .. it failed on no rear fogs :( .. and i cant find any either i searched everywhere :thinking: it passed the first MOT when it was brought into the country so where they gone :wow: i have a switch on the dash that lights up red when i push it but i cant see that it works anything in the car .. any help would be appreciated :-D

Spirit
24-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Have you looked under the rear bumper to see if there are any signs of holes where a rear fog may have been fitted and then removed ? Maybe the previous owner removed it for some silly reason, either that or it should not have passed it's SVA & MOT

SGHOM
24-04-2004, 05:08 PM
rear foglight switch is located thus !! & the foglight also. :-D mines an estate, I think the saloon is the same. hope this helps !!

Spirit
24-04-2004, 05:10 PM
My switch is on the left of the steering column :-D

Mine did not work when we first had it, then discovered it was simply disconnected at the switch....why ffs !

Brind
24-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Or your rear lights may have been modified to accept twin element bulbs and it has simply blown.
You only need one rear fog so it could be just one side that had been converted.

It isn't a 5 minute job to do that mod so it may not even be likely.
You'll notice most VR-4's have one either cut into the rear bumper or an aftermarket one attached to your bumper, these vary in style.

Wodjno
24-04-2004, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Brind]Or your rear lights may have been modified to accept twin element bulbs and it has simply blown.
You only need one rear fog so it could be just one side that had been converted.

It isn't a 5 minute job to do that mod so it may not even be likely.
You'll notice most VR-4's have one either cut into the rear bumper or an aftermarket one attached to your bumper, these vary in style.[/QUO thanx all ... yes i traced wire back fromm switch to underneath rear bumper .. 2 wires dangling and 2 holes in bumper .. just got back from shop where i purchased a rear fog for £3.99 .. :D large exspense i know but it had to be done .. thanx all :-D

nick-f1
24-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Cannot find a foglight on mine either and its just :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: passed its mot a month ago!

wirdy
24-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Cannot find a foglight on mine either and its just :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: passed its mot a month ago!

Nick, remember us Legnum owners have an extra set of rear sidelights (on the rear hatch) - mine has stop/tail bulbs on these, the stop filament used for the fogs.
I was told by my importer that for Legnums, they fit a separate fog light to the bumper for the SVA & then remove it & do the rear light mod. Was assured it would pass subsequent MOT's, which it has :)

nick-f1
25-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Thanks for that Wirdy, did get the wife to check if anything lit up at the back while I flicked the front fog switch- but to no avail. But........... it was daylight, so will check again tonight.

cheers

Nick