PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Uploaded images will not show

Ethelion
19-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi there!

I tried uploading some new pics of my car, but after the upload is done without any error-message, the image won't show.

I've tried to display the site on several different computers, and in several different browsers, but the results are still the same.. none of my images will show. Instead, you get the default placeholder with a red x in the top lefthand corner, as if the link to the image is broken.

I've noticed that many other members have this problem, and some have only half of their images showing.

I'm on a really fast internet-connection too.

Does this only happen to me, or are there anyone else in here that are experiencing the same problem?

Thanx in advance!

orionn2o
19-05-2009, 09:47 AM
try putting one of your uploaded images in this thread, just so we can see the issue

Ethelion
19-05-2009, 10:03 AM
try putting one of your uploaded images in this thread, just so we can see the issue

How do I do that? All I know is how to link to an external image. How do I link to one of my uploaded images? I tried reading about it in the forums, but I was never given a link for my uploaded images.

MPBVr4
19-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Yep, I'm getting the same issue with the gallery. Tried uploading some JF ones
last night.

edit/ mmmm seems to work OK in a thread but still not in the gallery.

orionn2o
19-05-2009, 10:12 AM
when you post a reply (click go advanced)

you'll find a window like this:

uploaded/3336/1242724307.jpg

Click on the button specified and you can upload your images

orionn2o
19-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I always thought the reason for this is:

if lots of people link pictures from external websites, when they leave the forum say in a number of years etc. They may go and delete their pics from photobucket etc..

That means that old threads can become worthless in years to come as pics become unavailable.

If everyone uploads their pics instead, they are forever locked into the club website and are available always.

Ethelion
19-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I always thought the reason for this is:

if lots of people link pictures from external websites, when they leave the forum say in a number of years etc. They may go and delete their pics from photobucket etc..

That means that old threads can become worthless in years to come as pics become unavailable.

If everyone uploads their pics instead, they are forever locked into the club website and are available always.

Yeah, but that only applies to linked images. My issue is with the images I uploaded here on CVR4 not showing in my gallery.

orionn2o
19-05-2009, 10:29 AM
right ok I see what ya mean now. Yes it does it for me too. So it must be a bug!

miller
19-05-2009, 11:58 AM
you sure they are the correct size? the uploader only likes 800x600 in jpeg format

Mike

White Lightning
19-05-2009, 12:07 PM
There are some issues with the gallery since the site migration as posted here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39804

We are still working on resolving these issues. We have a plan but it's just taking a while to jump through all the required hoops.

Ethelion
19-05-2009, 09:04 PM
There are some issues with the gallery since the site migration as posted here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39804

We are still working on resolving these issues. We have a plan but it's just taking a while to jump through all the required hoops.

Thanx for clearing that up, mr. White!

White Lightning
03-06-2009, 09:25 PM
This should now be fixed if you would like to try it again. :)