PDA

View Full Version : Numb Nut the Valleter

Listy
24-04-2004, 09:35 PM
:veryangry

Picked up my Legnum on Tuesday from the Importer...... Damn I love this car :) Different experience all together from the impreza. Luxury and power.. An intriguing combo I have warmed to straight away. I think next week I shall take a trip up to Essex specifically to upset all the cronies in the Scooby Convoy to Southend.

I have one major gripe though..... The numb nut youngster who was tasked with valleting my car has managed to fill every crease joint and orrofice with white Polish residue......

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH It's a Black car for gods sake.... I mean seriously black. now its more like a zebra. I have spent the whole of today grinding my finger nails to the flesh extracting bloody polish... I'll be at it for weeks.

I shall now set about "Listerising" the Legnum. I think a bit of Bling on the wheel front is required. It's currently running Volk Racing CE28's in Bronze. HUGELY expensive but suffering from a lack of regular love and killing the cars gleam with there dullness.

Pleased to note that the Fujisubo exhaust sounds Awesome. And the HKS Dumper sings like an Angel. I fear the carpet in the boot may be beyond help :( reckon the previous owner ran a farm from the boot.

Will keep you posted with progress and hopefully have all the polish gone by Jap Fest

Listy

Spirit
24-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Get some pics up for us too Listy - as she is now and as you go along ;)

Brind
24-04-2004, 10:37 PM
:-D @ Zebra!
I've managed to do that many a time.. :$

Glad you like it though mate. :)

Pete M
25-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Hi Listy

To get polish out of the creases, buy a *new* shoe polish brush and use that. They're soft enough not to scratch the paint, and so are better than a toothbrush, which you can also use (without the toothpaste!) on things like badges. Don't use your fingernails, it makes them taste funny!;)

HTH

Pete M

Listy
26-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Top Tip Pete........ (y)

That makes so much sense I'm kinda distraught that I didn't think of ot myself :s

See now for the short term I'm having to use the toothbrush for cleaning out my Nose and Ears as I have no nails left.........

It's a strange old world eh.....lol

P.S I fear the Bronze Volk Wheels may be growing on me Hmmmmmmm we will see.

-LegnumVR4-
26-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi Listy

To get polish out of the creases, buy a *new* shoe polish brush and use that. They're soft enough not to scratch the paint, and so are better than a toothbrush, which you can also use (without the toothpaste!) on things like badges. Don't use your fingernails, it makes them taste funny!;)

HTH

Pete M

Or u could use a paint brush that is 100% horse hair (doesn't scratch the paint like a normal paint brush) and cut it down a bit to stiffen the hairs so they don't glide over the polish that has harden.