PDA

View Full Version : V6 help needed

DannyInPoole
21-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi guys, can anyone help?

Have a snapped alternator belt to fit, any tips on easy way to fit?

Secondly, have a problem when accelerating between 2-2.5k. I get a vibration from the engine between this rev range. Wierd thing is if i take my foot off the throttle and drop the revs slightly it stops? Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Dan

elnevio
21-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi Dan! /Welcome

Firstly, you don't want to be fitting a snapped alternator belt, you should use a new complete unsnapped one instead... :P (sorry!)

Hopefully, a technical-minded one will be able to confirm the best way to do this.

As for the vibration - are you certain it's from the engine? How are you feeling it - through the steering wheel, pedals, dash? Could be suspension, steering, unbalanced wheel, etc.

DannyInPoole
22-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks Nev, Halfords only had the snapped type in stock, two weeks wait for the unsnapped type :o)

Can feel the vibration through the steering wheel and pedals, in fact most of the r/h/s seems to vibrate. Thought it might be an engine mount gone? or someone did think that the transmission fluid could need changing? Wheels have all been balanced as i thought that was the cause of the problem at first.

Thanks for the quick reply,
Dan

DannyInPoole
22-05-2009, 12:35 PM
New belt fitted :d Tensioner didnt want to play ball, but i had a fine array of quality tools to hand..... 3 sizes of hammer :d