PDA

View Full Version : Gear shift lever install

-LegnumVR4-
05-06-2003, 06:06 AM
Ok I havn't had much spare time but i can pass on some infomation on a more refined way of installing a manual gear shift knob onto the auto shifter.

1. Right remove the old lever by first taking out the button on the top then unbolting the lever from the shaft. To remove the button u press a screw driver either side of the buttom INSERT INTO post VALUES (left & right) of the middle, there are tabs each side that need to be released.

2. Now this is where i change things from my install. If u take the nut you unbolted from the shaft and put this back on say about 5-10mm down from the top then slide the Momo F-16 knob onto the shaft INSERT INTO post VALUES (if using another gear knob then you may have to adjust thing to suit, i design the install for that model Momo only). The shaft sould have enough thread sticking out of the hole in the knob INSERT INTO post VALUES ( the F-16 Momo can have the leather or carbon piece removed to expose the hole) so u can put another nut with a spring washer on the shaft to tighten the knob to the shaft.

3. I then had to fine a manual factory shift boot and make up a sleave that would slide inside the Mono knob and over the shaft. The sleave would be held in place by the allen key nut of the knob. The sleave is also the right size of the manual shift boots sleave so it fits snug.

I'm in a rush so i may edit this later, ask for any help:)

later,

Rhys