PDA

View Full Version : More Boost in the Cold?

PAUL
05-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Has anyone noticed how much the Vr-4 likes the evenings cold air as oppossed to warm days.

I seem to notice it a fair bit when driving in the day and then booting it round in the evening.

The intercooler likes it cold.:)

Nick VR4
05-06-2003, 11:35 AM
yeap I have noticed this too
Last weekend the weather was really hot and humid nearly 85
Car felt a little slugish
I also try not to park the car with the front facing the sun as this can might heat up the intercooler

Pescha
05-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Hey I never thought of that about the sun and the intercooler, mind you I try and park in the shade as much as possible as we have leather interior. So hot days hot seats, cold days cold seats... lol I can't win :)

Cheers,
Pescha!

Brind
05-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Cold air = more oxygen. :)

chris g
08-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Turbos like colder air thus water or water/metanol mixture to spray and cool charge into cylinders and bigger and better intercoolers

And as we have discussed, our HKS induction kits are less than ideal for ensuring cool air for turbo given high temp in engine bay but do any of us notice the reduced poewer ? - perhaps you have to be really good to spot/feel the reduced power

Never had a turbo before the VR-4 but recent early morning 0800 laps at the Nurburgring felt as if the car had a bit more urge than laps during hotter part of the day

Having just come back from Euro track days in high temp I can still say the VR-4 felt as quick as ever

Maybe I am fooling myself but whatever it was fast enough for me