PDA

View Full Version : Odd things

andyleaves
28-05-2009, 06:54 AM
As I have stated before, this is not ony my first Galant, but also my first Jap...

Now I have read a lot of talk about, centre headrests and 3 point centre rear belts?

Now I have both??? Centre Headrest and the three point rear belt, the pics that I have seen so far have the belt on the nearside, mine is on the the offside?

I also have my indicator stalk on the right hand side of the /Steeringw big wheel that makes the big wheels in front move.

Oh yeah its S reg 1998, full leather elec interior

Anyone now if this is a standard model?

elnevio
28-05-2009, 07:12 AM
You'll have to post up a pic of your rear seat re the third three-point belt, to see if it really is different!

That aside, it was part of the first mini-facelift to the UK Galant in 1998 - so you should also have slightly better brakes than the original V6 too.

A lot of Jap cars have the indicators on the right-hand side. I've always thought this makes more sense in a right-hand drive car, TBH.

So yes, sounds like a standard V6-24 with the Leather pack!

sidsilver
28-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Is the indicator stalk on the right hand side of all galants?

chris g
28-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, I thought so...

elnevio
28-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Is the indicator stalk on the right hand side of all galants?
Not sure if they changed it for the later (post-2000) UK Galants?

chris g
28-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Every jap 'grey import' car I have owned has had indicator on the right...

And all UK models as well...

AlanDITD
28-05-2009, 10:53 AM
makes alot more sense to have it there, you can change gear and indicate at the same time then.

mesobitchy
28-05-2009, 10:55 AM
unless its a nissan almera then its on the left....

but yes piccys would be good to see of this car :)

sidsilver
28-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Girlfriends Hyundia Coupe has the indicators on the right, evey time i drive it i allways put the wipers on to indicate /duh

MarkSanne
28-05-2009, 11:52 AM
All LHD Galants have the indicator stalk on the lefthand side of the big wheel. Which makes me use the wipers on my cars even more than the weather requires :)

HMG1K
28-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Every jap 'grey import' car I have owned has had indicator on the right...

And all UK models as well...

Me too - also on my 6G was on the right.

Isn't it standard in japan that the stalk is on the right, as they are right-hand drive cars like we have?

Atik
28-05-2009, 05:33 PM
My understanding of this is that all Jap-spec Galant/Legnums had the two headrests and a centre lap belt. The UK spec PFL Galants had two headrests and a lapbelt. It was only on the UK FL Galants that they changed to the three headrests and a proper 3-point centre belt.

And as for the indicator stalk, the Jap-spec cars all have them on the right side. The UK spec Galants also had them on the right (well my old GLS did).

Some Jap manufacturers have now adopted the left side for the indicator stalks (like Mazda), but my Toyota and Nissan cars (UK spec) had them on the left. I guess thats up to the manufacturer to decide when they produce them. PErsonally, I think in a RHD car, the indicators should should be on the right, leaving the left hand to change gears.