PDA

View Full Version : Engine rebuild

enigma
26-04-2004, 12:25 PM
With the liklyhood of terminal engine failure I have just been in touch with the dealer about parts I may or may not require to change my pistons and rods

Start off with the obvious head gasket set

well we dont do a head set sir, but we do a complete upper ungine set and that will be:

£336.76

Is that including VAT? (Hopeful!)

No sir that is plus VAT £395.69 :rolleyes5 :stunned: :sad3:

Then I will need a sump gasket..........

It doesn't have a sump gasket sir, we use a sealer that comes in a tube.

That sounds cheap.

Unfortunately sir the tube is £44.45 plus VAT £52.23

:wtf:

It will do more than one sump though sir

Last time I looked I only had one sump on my car!

The main bearings are not listed so I will get a price from Japan for you sir

So kind!

I will also get a price just for the head gaskets for you sir

oooooh cant wait! :veryangry

jerryd_33
09-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Had my cars spark plug cover off, noticed a un-used tab of the HEAD GASKET and it appears to be metal. So the cost of the head / top engine gasket set I may agree with.
As for the sump gasket, " REALLY ****** CHEAP " of Mitsubishi, so a quick trip down to " B&Q " for a very small shopping list i.e. " tube of saintary silicone sealant " costing not more than 5/ 6 quid should do the job.
And the big ends, not sure if the company is still in existence but try this company ---- SOUTH LONDON PISTONS ---- SORRY but i cannot find the phone number for them they were in CAMBERWELL South London. Will PM you their number as soon as i find it and thier address.

marsh
11-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Is it not possible with the wonderful age of the intercracker to order the parts direct?......from japan that is?

bernmc
12-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Is it not possible with the wonderful age of the intercracker to order the parts direct?......from japan that is?
Yeah - why not try LegnumVR4 - he's in japland, and was offering tosource parts in the importing thread...