PDA

View Full Version : I fitted my Map2 ECU today

TAR
30-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I fitted my Map2 ECU today. :sunny:

Thanks go out to Nutter John for assistance in getting it wired in correctly.

I have it in self learn mode at the moment and I'm going to use it as a boost controller until I can afford to get it mapped properly.

I'm very much looking forward to getting it all set up but with my standard exhaust I won't really get any significant power gains.

Just need to save up another chunk of cash.

:happy:

Gowf
30-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Glad it turned out ok in the end. The self learn maps that it produces are pretty pants, and arnt of any great use other than a very rough point to start mapping with, certainly not for drivin on. Good news though Tim...... Oh, and i'l get that cash to you as soon as im back on the road again!!

TAR
30-05-2009, 10:10 PM
No problem Gareth and thanks for your input too.

Do you think that I shouldn't just use it as a boost controller only for a while? I don't want to break anything.

:happy:

Gowf
31-05-2009, 12:42 PM
In self learn it will try to generate you a fuel map. By taking the KVF value that it sees from the MAF for each load cell. Only problem with that is that it only visits each cell once, so you may be coming off throttle down hill for example and it will fill these cells with the values assosiated with that. You can see that this is not ideal for generating an accurate map as once it has filled the cell it ignores it and will not do anything to it again.

That was a bit off topic, sorry, but using it as you are should be absolutely fine, as its not interfering with anything. When the time comes that you want it to control everything, give me a shout if you like and we can get something sorted.