PDA

View Full Version : Transmission take up in Auto Mode

andrew38
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi All

When I am slowing down at a junction and go back on the power there is a take up delay when drive re-engages also when pulling away first thing in the morning. When I engage reverse the same thing. However if drive in manual mode the gears are fine and the box engages smoothly, up and down with no take up delay.

The fluid is up to the correct level and was replaced about 2 years ago with Amsoil, has anybody else had this and if so advise how it was cured. I have a sneeky feeling it may be the torque convertor but not 100% sure.

Any advise appreciated.

elnevio
04-06-2009, 10:17 PM
How much of a delay? What you've described sounds fairly normal?

andrew38
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have never really noticed it much before, its due a service soon so may get Eurospec to have a look and give it a run.

miller
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
your one of the lucky ones to have Eurospec on your doorstep!!

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Mike

Piers1989
05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Ive noticed a smilar thing in my car when going around right angle corners. If I depress teh accelerator slightly too hard, as im currently rolling ans the cars in 3rd gear, it is about to re engage, disengages, changes to second, revs and then re-engages.

This is great for power after bends but makes normal driving a bit lumpy, though my box only really does that as I have driven it like that alot in learning mode.

AlanDITD
05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
you have learning mode?

Isnt your car a PFL?

miller
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Alan, all invecs II have the capability to learn and adapt. Yours too! Dosconnect the battery for a couple of minutes then welcome to the bumpy crashy ride until the auto ecu learns your habits

Mike

AlanDITD
05-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh right, i thought that was just the FL, that would explain why after my last ecu reset my car changes from 1st to 2nd alot earlier as after the oil change i was taking it very easy.

I thought the Invecs 2 box had like a button or somthing you pressed for it to start the learning process.

Cheers for that mike.