PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper...

Big Ian
17-05-2004, 10:43 PM
i got a bit bored on sunday morning and thought id try do something with my rear bumper as i melted part of it a while back,with a dodgy duel set up that broke! ive not finished it yet (need to get proper mesh and tidy the edge's),but you can see what ive done for now..

PS what do you think so-far? :huh:

Kieran
18-05-2004, 07:17 AM
I think it will look good when it's finished - a nice individual touch there! :-b

Big Ian
12-06-2004, 11:10 PM
i'll post some new pic's later (if we can that is?) :rolleyes5

Big Ian
14-07-2004, 02:01 AM
my rear end now..just to tidy the edge's and ...yet another 1 off mod from me :-D
ok.........i posted these pici's just to show how it shine's :laugh: :laugh:

Spirit
14-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Mod looks sweet mate, car could do with a wash though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes5

Big Ian
14-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Mod looks sweet mate, car could do with a wash though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes5

oOOHH! "YA CHEEKY MONKEY!" :rolleyes5

RED
14-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Very nice! You know what's missing though don't you? :headsc: ;)

Big Ian
14-07-2004, 12:43 PM

:thinking: HHmm! :headsc: trying to think..... if i do any more i'll only "spoiler" look's :laugh:

RED
14-07-2004, 01:27 PM
:thinking: HHmm! :headsc: trying to think..... if i do any more i'll only "spoiler" look's :laugh:

Very good :-D Not even abit tempted :boing4:

enigma
14-07-2004, 01:48 PM

A VR4 badge :D

The Vee
14-07-2004, 03:57 PM
looks the "mutt's nu**"

Big Ian
15-07-2004, 12:16 AM
A VR4 badge :D
that'l be because it's only a humble GLS :laugh: :laugh:

craig-1
18-07-2004, 05:07 AM
that'l be because it's only a humble GLS :laugh: :laugh:

sweet how much did the pipework set u back :-D

Big Ian
18-07-2004, 06:42 PM
sweet how much did the pipework set u back :-D

HHMMMM!!!!!! if i told you, youd collapse :p a few member's allready know so now it's the turn of the guy's N girl's WHO DON'T KNOW to have a guess?? :laugh:

colVR4
19-07-2004, 09:16 AM
What is the sound like from the mufflers? Do they fit on as a straight replacement or do you need to do some jiggery-pokery at the back?

The reason that I am interested is because I would like to change my back box to get some more out of the V6 sound but can't find any listed specifically for the V6-24. There are a lot of universal exhausts out there but I wouldn't know where to start to get one that fits. Are there any dimensions that I need to quote such as diameter, distance from fitting to rear of bumper, that kind of thing?

I really like the look of the mufflers you bought. If I remember correctly, didn't you get them shipped from the US?

Big Ian
19-07-2004, 09:49 AM
try www.needforspeed.co.uk for a replacment box..mine are universal and all the rear set up is custom made from stainless steel.. :-D
as for the sound..put's a massive smile on my face....or ask strange bat as ive never heard them from outside the car.

Physician
19-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Very, very smart looking car you have Ian. I want your rear twin exhaust system on mine ...... so may come up and half inch em! ;)

Did you use any special polish to get that shine - mine needs doing but I wasn't sure the silver colour would actually shine up any better - but after looking at your pics here I guess it will.

Final point - you have a very small aerial at the top middle of your rear screen - do you know the make, name? Is it a stick-on one? I have been looking for something similar for ages.

Thanks,

Richard

Big Ian
19-07-2004, 10:11 AM
hi richard..
anyone can back me up when i say "i'm sad :( ) as in the last week ive polish'd my car atleast 4 time's :rolleyes: ..i only use auto glym and at the moment i'm using "auto glym,extreme"
the small antenna came from my father in-law's old van..i took it when he was trading it :laugh:
ohh.. an i have a camera watching over my car and 2 good alarm's.. :laugh: :laugh:

RED
19-07-2004, 11:09 AM
hi richard..
anyone can back me up when i say "i'm sad :( ) as in the last week ive polish'd my car atleast 4 time's :rolleyes: ..i only use auto glym and at the moment i'm using "auto glym,extreme"
the small antenna came from my father in-law's old van..i took it when he was trading it :laugh:
ohh.. an i have a camera watching over my car and 2 good alarm's.. :laugh: :laugh:

4 TIMES!! Jesus you'll have no paint left if you rub that hard 4 times a week :-D Having said that can you come and do mine? Marcus went rallying in it on Saturday and it's plastered - Ithink it was black when he had it not sure now though :rolleyes5

PS Don't tell Kieran :laugh: