PDA

View Full Version : Site unreliable?

wirdy
18-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Is it just me, or has this site become very unreliable?.

Sometimes it's available, sometimes it's not. Sometimes you are in the middle of reading something then you go to read something else and the site is unavailable again.

It's most frustrating & only seems to have happened since the server crash.

SGHOM
18-05-2004, 11:54 PM
unreliable is an understatement Nige !! OL247, need to get their act together, or club VR4 need to move on. :veryangry

/edit we've just lost 11 days posting's, right before Japfest !!

Brind
19-05-2004, 01:32 AM
It's utter shi.te! :stare:

Just like you, read something then go somewhere else and all you get is a white page.

Reply to a message, get another white screen.

It's absolutely pathetic! :veryangry

Brind
19-05-2004, 01:38 AM
Looking at what they charge too, it is far from cheap to use them and this is the service you get.

As I said before, I use http://www.hosting-unlimited.net/ and I can only say good things about them! they offer more than ol247 at no where near the cost!!!! if you have a problem, the owner is always on a forum like this answering questions and tinkers with the problem there and then sometimes! it's fantastic!

Look at their price!! just over 50 quid a year.. LOL that's a company I'd be proud to own.

BraindG
19-05-2004, 07:38 AM
ty brind :-D

Polabear
19-05-2004, 09:31 AM
In the short time that I have been a member of this very good, friendly and extremely informative club, even I now feel its time for a slight whinge regarding the site, it has been up and down more times than a Who£$ Drawers, we pay a membership to enjoy this service and we end up with blank screens and lost posts/pics if this is the best OL247 can do, then its time to find a company who are more efficient at providing the survice they are paid for :noshake:

BraindG
19-05-2004, 09:38 AM
I understand this, and this feeling is a club feeling and not just restricted to a few people.. the issue has been discussed and the conclusion is we have to move.

Please watch this space, thank you very much for your patience, I know my customers at work would not tollerate this and would have kicked off big style by now..

enigma
19-05-2004, 10:16 AM
I tried discussing this with Chris on MSN, but he referred me to Barry. I think he is resigned to the fact that he cant provide the service he needs to and that his excuses dont hold water any more.

I take it there is no chance of restoring the lost info? :undecided

BraindG
19-05-2004, 11:27 AM
nope, im thinking its lost forever :(
ive not heard anything from him since i spoke to him yesterday...

enigma
19-05-2004, 12:12 PM
So I guess the promise of having data on dual servers for instances when one went down was bull**** like all the other promises?

Do we know what went wrong? Chris indicated that you had all the info.

I am worried for the people that registered and paid up in those 11 days that now come back to a site that wont let them in.........hardly encourages them to stay.

BraindG
19-05-2004, 12:30 PM
He did gave me some info on what happened.

there has already been a case where a paid member was given access to the forums, only to find its now been revoked. Its pretty sad really, not how i see clubvr4 to be..

wirdy
19-05-2004, 12:34 PM
I understand this, and this feeling is a club feeling and not just restricted to a few people.. the issue has been discussed and the conclusion is we have to move.

Please watch this space, thank you very much for your patience, I know my customers at work would not tollerate this and would have kicked off big style by now..

:thumb1:

I'm not posting anything over a couple of lines of text anymore.. you go to the trouble of repling to a thread & then it's lost when the site won't upload it. VERY FRUSTRATING. :sick: