PDA

View Full Version : V6 gear box

psbarham
19-06-2009, 08:11 PM
has anyone managed to split one of these yet? i am gonna change the input shaft bearing and seal as a matter of precaution, and was wondering if there was nay nasty surprises awaiting me on splitting the bell housing off?:anxious:

Nutter_John
19-06-2009, 08:15 PM
think richy rich did one about 3 yrs ago , maybe worth dropping a txt

psbarham
19-06-2009, 08:21 PM
think richy rich did one about 3 yrs ago , maybe worth dropping a txt

cool, shall do

psbarham
21-06-2009, 08:49 AM
right this is an easy job, and if anyone's doing the clutch then it'll be worth doing the bearings and seal whilst its out especially as it only takes about an extra 1/2 hour to do.

the bearing number is B25-157A

25 mm inside dia
68mm out side dia
18mm width

the seal number is AH12921

25mm inside dia
35mm out side dia
6mm width

unfortunately the bearing is only available from mistubishi in exchange for 53shiney pounds. it is is made by nsk especially for mitsu and is not avilable to joe public :(

the seal on the other hand is a standard of the shelf part and costs just over 3 quid delivered

kaiowas
14-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Is there a guide anywhere that you followed to do this? Got a low speed rumbling/grating noise from the front of mine when under load which I'm expecting to be the input shaft bearing. Getting the gearbox out should be well within my capability but it'd be nice to know what to expect once I've done that, is the input shaft bearing readily accessible with the gearbox off or does the box need opening up do get to it?

Also how important is it to replace the bearing once it's being noisy? Is it a case of 'do it ASAP before the box lunches itself' or 'ignore the noise and wait until it's convenient to do it'?