PDA

View Full Version : Who's Online [minor] bug

elnevio
24-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Just a small thing really, but might be indicative of a greater problem, I know not:

When looking at Who's Online (WO), it often (about 50% of the time) shows me as 'Viewing Arcade Home', when I'm not, and haven't been. Even reloading the page sometimes still shows me as looking at Arcade Home.

I have seen it show others as 'Viewing Arcade Home' too, but obviously I don't know if that is what they're actually doing!

Anyway, with the benefit of seeing IP addresses, I note that when I'm at home and look at Who's Online, it shows my correct home IP address, if the WO shows me as 'Searching Forums', 'Viewing Thread' or 'Viewing Who's Online'. But when showing me as 'Viewing Arcade Home', it shows my work IP address. Vice versa does not apply.

I also note that WO no longer seems to show members playing any of the arcade games, e.g. 'elnevio - Playing Minigame, Mini Pool 2'.

Like I say, it's a bit minor, but might be a clue to another problem.

elnevio
24-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I have just spotted that it will show me as Viewing Arcade Home in some instances when I've not even looked at Who's Online (confirmed by looking at my profile).

But it also occurs to me that this might as well wait until the vBulletin upgrade is completed, which may resolve this!

Ryan
24-06-2009, 10:06 AM
TBH I've found the "who's online" feature to be woefully inaccurate at the best of times.