YEAR: 1997
COLOUR: RED
MILEAGE: 43316
R.F.L. EXPIRY DATE: JULY 2009
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: FEB 2010
PRICE: £3700
CONTACT DETAILS: PM
DESCRIPTION:
I have had this legnum for 3 months now, it was bought from E&I for £3800 and i had the cambelt done as well as the water pump, this cost £300 installed by E&I, i have also had a Toad A606i cat 1 alarm fitted.
I bought it with 67191km on the clock which works out at 41750miles in the 3 months i have owned it, it now reads 68757 on the clock which works out at 43316 so this is a low milege car for its year.
It is auto with tiptronic and no problems with the box at all, it runs very very smoothly, for the people who have seen my car they can tell you how nice it does look. For certain members who test drove it they can tell you how nice it does drive. It didnt come with any jap service, but the oil had been changed and the ayc looked nice, it has been valeted and clayed twice.
I cant think of anything else to say but if people want any more info or pics just let me know. Thank you.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/ronmonkey/PICT0555.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/ronmonkey/PICT0554.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/ronmonkey/PICT0556.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/ronmonkey/PICT0553.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/ronmonkey/engine.jpg

elnevio
24-06-2009, 09:47 PM
He's right you know - this is the the shiniest, reddest red I have seen - looks fantastic. :sunny:

I was one of the lucky ones to have a test drive, and again, the tip 'box was faultless, as was everything else - AYC, brakes, etc! And he's not even mentioned the Ralliart suspension! There is even a complete absence of lifter noise. :thumbsup:

Good luck with the sale!

ron_monkey
30-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Am i pricing this sale too high or is everyone looking for a high mileage cheapo leggie.

foxdie
30-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Ron, if I had the money, I'd be there in a heartbeat, red is my favourite colour and I've been toying with getting a Leggy :)

Rambaud
01-07-2009, 08:10 AM
It's always a bit difficult to value low mileage cars. What sort of premium should low mileage command? Personally, I prefer new cars with higher mileage.

You seem to be asking nearer "retail" money for a private sale. Is there any warranty still remaining from E&I?

Ralliart1
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
My opinion is that is no any problem with pricing,the warranty what you got from E&I is usualy for 3months or 3000 miles with a up to 300 pounds claim limit,so practical you are p****d off after purchase.This is my experience,I had two Legnums from there.

orionn2o
01-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Out of interest, why are you selling so quickly? Sometimes that doesn't inspire confidence in a potential buyer.

Wobble
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Out of interest, why are you selling so quickly? Sometimes that doesn't inspire confidence in a potential buyer.

Am on look out for a legnum and your right i always feel that there is a hidden meening behind a quick resale ( though may be completly wrong)
your car does look lovely and my wife wants a red one just cant push to that price either.

Fandango
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
That is looking very tasty in red, good luck with the sale.

I just wish my budget was a bit more.

ron_monkey
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, i think it was a 3 month warranty from E&I, so its done now, the reason for sale was the same old excuse, financially i just cant afford to run it, at the mo im working part-time and not earning enough to support the family and the car, im trying to find full time work but at the mo as everyone knows work is difficult to find, as ive said to nev i do not want to sell this at all, i would rather try and keep it,but its difficult at the mo. Obviously ive priced it this price to try and reduce the loss to myself, hope this explains a bit better and thanks for the feedback:D I wondered why nobody was interested in it.

SGHOM
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I've seen Pauls car in the flesh :D & its as mint as a minty thing in a mint factory . . . . . If only /Hissy :angry:

ron_monkey
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Why thank you :D

GT40-Steven
10-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh crap I'm in love! Bugger I can't be in England.

HPRULZ
10-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Its a shame you have to part with it Ron I have also seen it close up and it is indeed a very good looking example, If I had'nt already got one I would buy it myself gotta love the red ones! good luck with the sale mate.
Kev

ron_monkey
13-07-2009, 11:55 AM
OK, just a quick note to say that the price stated is the price im looking for even though ive had no interest yet, i suppose the only thing for it is to keep it, oh well:D :dance:

ron_monkey
30-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Due to the fact that me and my partner have just split up,im out on my arse at the moment, meaning i have to find somewhere to live quickly, the reason this post is here is there is no way in hell i have a chance of keeping this car now, iam open to offers but i will be looking for around £3500 for it, it is still in excellent condition and i have done a oil change and filter on it with amsoil that is.
Any questions please pm me. Any quick interest would be grateful and very useful to me.

Wobble
30-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Due to the fact that me and my partner have just split up,im out on my arse at the moment, meaning i have to find somewhere to live quickly, the reason this post is here is there is no way in hell i have a chance of keeping this car now, iam open to offers but i will be looking for around £3500 for it, it is still in excellent condition and i have done a oil change and filter on it with amsoil that is.
Any questions please pm me. Any quick interest would be grateful and very useful to me.

How quick is quick?
Am interested cant do anything for at least a week though.

ron_monkey
30-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Well, im not sure yet, im trying to sort some things out at the mo, ive not got to the desperate stage yet but very close

Wobble
30-09-2009, 04:56 PM
you have pm

HPRULZ
30-09-2009, 10:20 PM
does this mean there's going to be another one headed to Essex soon?

Kev

valleyforge1
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
I remember seeing this motor at Thorsby park and it is beautiful condition. Really stood out amongst all the other cars.

Sorry to here your having all these probs and hope everything starts to iron out soon.

ron_monkey
05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone, just an update, its definatly over between me and my partner and ive managed to find an apartment to move into, so, i need to move the legnum, im bringing the price down to £3200, but iam once again opened to offers, and questions.
The mileage is now reading 70000 so it is about 45000 miles converted, its tax runs out in january, M.O.T feb 2010.
It has had the cambelt changed, and water pump, and i had a toad cat1 alarm installed.
At the weekend ive managed to scrape the wheel arch a little bit, nothing at all major, just a bit of touch up.
Realistically i need to get sell this in the next 4 weeks or im in the s**t.
Many people have seen this car and i for one am genuinly regretting having to sell it.

Wobble
06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
you have pm

Sanctum
29-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Is this still available? If so, is it auto or manual, and can you send me some interior pics. Thanks.

White Lightning
29-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Is this still available? If so, is it auto or manual, and can you send me some interior pics. Thanks.

It is auto with tiptronic and no problems with the box at all, it runs very very smoothly, for the people who have seen my car they can tell you how nice it does look.

It's an auto /yes

Sanctum
29-10-2009, 09:52 PM
It's an auto /yes
Ah, yes, well spotted, thanks for that WL.
Have read so many adds now am starting to go blind.

ron_monkey
20-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello again. During the past few weeks my life has been one big soap episode or an episode of trisha to be exact, as i said in my last post i had broke up with my partner, this lasted a week when she came back to me, one week later it was over again after i found out there was another person involved, i told my ex to sling her hook and shes shacking up with another women, wouldyoubelieveit, as you can expect iam gutted but iam now going to concentrate on my life with my little baby daughter whom a few of you have met, anyway, unfortunatly my car is still up for sale but iam looking for around £3500 again, while i have to support myself iam also having custody of my daughter which means i cannot afford to run the legnum, ive said it before and ill say it again, i love this car to bits and i wish i did not have to let it go, it is so shiny. I have listed it on pistonheads and if anyone wants more photos they can email me for them.
I didnt really want to air my dirty laundry on this site but i need to explain why the car is having to go, and for anyone who met my ex what a b**** shes turned out to be.