PDA

View Full Version : Installing boost gauge

pagan
25-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi guys

I've got boost controller & boost gauge which i need to install. Why boost controller is really straight forward gauge is a little unclear (see my question
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=443993).

Anyway, can someone suggest a place in Auckland (or online) where i can get vacuum hose and T connector for the gauge as mine came without it. Hose i have is about 3mm thick, internal diameter is around 2mm (1/8" is written on it), but problem is that is too short, and not black :)
T connector should be compatible with this 1/8" hose on one side and appropriate VR4 air hose on other 2 sides...

Adie
25-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Super Cheap Auto or Repco will be able to sort you out for vacuum line and T joiner pipes.

pagan
26-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know where i can find following T connector: 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/8". Looks like repco/supercheap only sell most common ones.

pagan
26-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Oh, wehre i can find bits to make one like this

mpau009
26-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Enzed hose doctors do the brass stuff, but i wouldn't use it if i was you, i did for some of my coolant lines, and ended up having to take them of and braise the joins because it was leaking..

I have gotten those type of plastic connectors from mitre ten mega before just randomly, but supercheap or repco should be able to get one in if they dont have it in stock, plus you could just heat the tube a bit and force it onto the next closest size?