PDA

View Full Version : GATSO's and Prosecutions

chris g
06-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Anyone had experience of fighting a GATSO prosecution?

I have recently tried to fight one and wanted to know if it has been possible to argue for an indefinite adjournment because of a similar case going to the European Court for Human Rights

I have got a 6 wk adjournment and await a pre-hearing meeting where it may be decided to proceed with the prosecution

I want to have arguments, without use of Solicitor, to extend the adjournment perhaps for 4 yrs or so - optimistic or what?

Chris

Spirit
06-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Been lucky enough to avoid them so far Chris, but wish you all the luck in the world with your quest mate - don't wanna see one less VR-4 on the road !

Pete

chris g
06-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the support but if they do proceed, as I have a clean licence, somehow, it will/should only be £60 plus £35 costs and 3 points

If ECHR then overturns the British interpretation of the law relating to RTS and self-incrimination then I can get ALL of that changed - money back and clean licence again!

Chris

zentac
06-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Ive found the best place for info is UK Speedtraps (http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/frames.htm) Ive got away with one before but the car was up for sale at the time and I sent proof that it was.

chris g
06-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks

I know of them and perhaps and even better place is ABD - Association of British Drivers

They are supporting case that is going to ECHR

My problem is that adjournments do NOT usually happen - I think two of which I am aware and I am one of thems o I am in virtually uncharted territory

Its the argumants to take to next hearing to prolong the adjournment - for about 4 years!

I guess I may have to at least take legal advice and then argue my own case in Court

Chris

chris g
26-04-2003, 06:32 PM
To answer a q from MALC

I now have a date for a pre-trila hearing - 19-5-03

It is at Salisbury now rather than Devizes so perhaps a l-i-t-t-l-e closer to home

Theu decide at hearing how/whether to proceed now and screw me or adjourn for perhaps 4 yrs!

What do you think the will do!

I can write in - I do not want to attend - I will repeat my view in writing about human rights/self incrimination and see what happens

Chris

Ailsa
26-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Not sure about the self incrimination thing. They can be argued out of though, dependant on circumstances.

Ie: if you where passing someone and had to accelerate to do so safely or something along those lines.

malc
27-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Chris...
I bought a 'get out jail free' book written by ex-traffic police.
Its full of useful info...
Ill look it up and get back 2u...
Malc

miller
19-12-2009, 04:57 PM
So Chris is this still adjourned?

Nutter_John
19-12-2009, 07:27 PM
you been on the potato juice Mike , this is a thread from the dead at nearly 7 years old !!!

bradc
19-12-2009, 09:25 PM
lol, I guess we will have to wait and see until Chris posts up

chris g
20-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Sorry for delay in update - think personal events over took us and then ended up in NZ - at least thats how I remember things...

Adjournments was at Court in Devizes IIRC and then after some delays I heard that case was dropped - no points, no fine or even a caution...

And then in NZ caught speeding in the MR2 on motorway from Auckland to Hamilton - refused to name driver but fined as apparently law in NZ has reg owner responsible and do not need to identify driver for Court to impose punishment

Unfortunately 3 years later caught in 323 GTR by a gatso in Leed and at Wakefield Court was fined and given 3 points - refused to give driver details and punishment was forreg owner refusing to give details of driver...

And IIRC it was this year that the ECHR denied the appeal and you can be expected to incriminate yourself - guilty of the offence and guilty if you do not confess to the offence!!!

miller
20-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Cool, done and dusted.

Thread revival done for today.

As you were

ianturbo
20-12-2009, 02:32 AM
have a look here !http://www.pepipoo.com/
ian

Turbo_Steve
20-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Always use Pepipoo with a degree of caution: whilst some members are extremely well read, they are not practicing solicitors and as such may not always appreciate the context/implications of some of the rulings.

They have also been known to encourage people to court, incurring much larger fines as well as costs (which can be quite a lot!) simply to test a case.
As with all things, I have no problem with pepipoo at all, but eyes wide open, people.

Dom B
22-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Plenty of interesting reading on there though.