PDA

View Full Version : Help - Brake Pads

ReggieK
14-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi peeps,

Posted this in temp forum by mistake - Doh!!

Need your help please. I have searched the site and cannot find the definitive answer.

I need to change my brake pads so decided to upgrade them. As the VR4 is not listed anywhere, when choosing a set of pads, what model should I use as a base instead. Do I just choose the code for whatever pads are quoted for the 2.5l V6 Galant? (the Halfords books do not quote for the Evo)

I need these ASAP, car is squealing like a stuck pig, so would appreciate a quick answer.

Cheers
K

Spirit
14-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Same as for an Evo (pre-Brembo). If you want a decent set then can highly recommend the Ferodo DS2500 pads - give Woodford Garage Motorsport a call and ask for Simon (think they are around the £80 + postage). ;)

Polabear
15-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Ahem.....£125+ actually......I just got some this week.. :lipsrseal

Spirit
15-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Ahem.....£125+ actually......I just got some this week.. :lipsrseal

Crickey, thats gone up ! Is that right Sean, thought the pads and discs were only £220 - £230 (which makes the discs around £100) ?

Pete

Darren
15-06-2004, 08:17 AM
I got my front ds2500 pads for 95 with fitting. The guy I use has just set up an account with National too and says he can definately give me a better price than woodford :P

Pola, when you pulled up they weren't pointing out the windows mouthing the words "sucker" at you were they ? I find it's a way of telling of you are about to be ripped off. Another way is if the place has a Mitsubishi flag outside. :P

Spirit
15-06-2004, 08:19 AM
:lolz: @ Darren !

Can you do us a favour then Darren and get a mail order price for the national Racing discs and Ferodo DS2500 package delivered to the door - cheers mate

Pete

Darren
15-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Still waiting for him to get back to me, he's in the final stages of the deal with national so it's very soon now. But he can't get them until he's got an acount etc. I will let him know peeps are interested.

http://www.asperformance.com is the company. Speak to the gaffer there Alyn.
He's a real petrolhead and knows what you need since he's done my car.

wirdy
15-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Ditto Darren, Alyn Stockton is a really nice bloke. I got my ferodo DS2500 pads from him also.
He is a player on the EVO forums & gives a discount to Lancer register people, just mention you saw the advert for pads omn there. That's what I did & got a set sent for £85.50 incl P&P.

Pola, feeling pissed off on your behalf....please, please post for best prices on the forum before you get done over again.

National Disks only from Woodford were £134.95 pair, when I bought mine in mid-March this year, I did collect though.

Polabear
16-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Just checking prices again at woodford... and if iv'e been robbed them watch a bear get really pi**ed off.. Iv'e known this guy for 20 yrs.. since he first started.... :furious3: