PDA

View Full Version : VR4 type rear spoilers?

ritch_w
14-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Just testing the water here;

would anyone be interested in brand new VR4 type rear spoilers for £150-ish +P&P???

heres what i know so far;
they are ABS plastic not fibre glass, in primer and have a led brake light & have a fitting kit

i'm just waiting on the 1st one at the moment and depending on quality etc would be able to supply more if there are enough people interested????

please let me know

Physician
14-06-2004, 02:51 PM

would anyone be interested in brand new VR4 type rear spoilers for £150-ish +P&P???

they are ABS plastic not fibre glass, in primer and have a led brake light & have a fitting kit

i'm just waiting on the 1st one at the moment and depending on quality etc would be able to supply more if there are enough people interested????

please let me know

Good price rich if the quality is acceptable. Mitsubishi price painted - inclusive without fitting = £563.98 ;)

I'm sure a number of owners of non - VR4 cars would buy at that price ........ just need the VR4 rear badge and we're all fooled lol !! :lipsrseal

lorriman
14-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a fantastic deal Ritch. The Mitsi supplied one doesn't have the LED brake light and is crap. It weighs a ton and blisters like bu**ery when it gets hot. I know, I had three before they fitted a proper Jap VR4 one and they're £891+fitting+VAT.

Just don't forget the uprated boot springs, otherwise the whole thing'll come tumbling down on yer head M8.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest.

nick-f1
14-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Ritch_w, I'm sure the lad who works for me will want one if they're ok. He has a '99 gls. let me know please

Nick

ritch_w
15-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Ritch_w, I'm sure the lad who works for me will want one if they're ok. He has a '99 gls. let me know please

Nick

No probs nick - I'll post a full update with pics once i get the 1st one and if its AOK and im happy with it i'll start taking orders.

List so far:
Nicks mate

ritch_w
18-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Got the 1st spoiler last night.

quality is good, plastic is unblemished and ready for paint. the fitting instructions are straight forward.

I'm off on holiday in a couple of days so i will post some pics when i get back.

I'm still waiting on word from the suppliers about getting some more - so if anyone is interested - post here or PM me

cheers

Ritch

Bal
21-06-2004, 12:49 PM
imi interested, please keep me informed.

Thanks

B

mortalis
01-07-2004, 06:59 PM

please let me know

Yeah I would be interested mate if the quality is good, as I fall into that catagory of people who dont "yet" own VR4 just gls :0)

The Vee
02-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah I would be interested mate if the quality is good, as I fall into that catagory of people who dont "yet" own VR4 just gls :0)
Ditto 'cept v6 24 :O

ritch_w
02-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Ok chaps,

I should get my spoiler back from the painters tomorrow, i'll post some pics before i fit it and after - the pics will not be good quality as i have a crappy l'espion digi cam. :sad3:

I'll start a list of people who have expressed an interest and if enough commit to taking one, i will go ahead and pu :D rchase the spoilers from the supplier :D

Stevie B
02-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I may also be interested as I am just starting to do up my v6 sport as when I bought it a month or so ago not a thing had been done to it :)

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Fitted the spoiler last night here how i done it;

These pics show the painted spoiler and the components:
Spoiler
Fitting guides (6)
Fitting screw bolts & nuts (6)
LED brake light & 4 screws
Instructions
cable ties
foam seperator pads

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 08:50 AM
These pics show the spoiler being lined up on the boot.

The fitting locators fit into the screw holes of the spoiler then when lined up are taped on to the boot / sides so they remain there when the spoiler is removed (last 2 pics) In the last pic the locators are hollow for a 2mm drill to drill the pilot holes

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Now the scary bit - drilling holes in your nice shiney galant!
1st pic - 6mm drill to drill into the pilot holes so they are wide enough for the fixing bolts.

2nd pic - Because of the braces / sub frame type thing under the boot lid i had to use a large drill so that the nuts had space to go onto the fixing bolts.

last pic shows the boot with all holes drilled.

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 08:59 AM
The fixing bolts are threaded into the spoiler (just a wee bit) and the spoiler fitted to the boot.
Then from underneath the nuts are carefully placed onto the bolts (theres not much room so care is needed sot thenuts dont fall into the the subframe)

the nuts are wound finger tight then the bolt is screwed on as tight as possible.
Job done!!!

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 09:06 AM
The brake light is then wired up - i routed the wiring throught the bracing on the boot then inside the arm on the r/h/s with the other wiring.

I then covered the holes i had drilled with some tape and painted them with matching paint. After this i fitted the boot trim back onto the underside of the boot.

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Next fitting the brake light.
I routed the wires through the boot subfram then down the right boot arm with the existing wiring, i then wired the LED light upto the brake light at the back window.

I then covered up the holes i drilled with some tape and then painted with matching paint.
The underside boot trim/carpet was then refitted.

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 09:17 AM
And here we have the finished article!!!!!

See new post to order yours;
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36599#post36599

Spirit
06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Well done mate, excellent job ;)