PDA

View Full Version : Showing pictures in posts

Scanny
29-06-2009, 02:08 PM
im having a few problems, possibly down to not being used to this board type rather than a fault.
clicking on a smilie doesnt work. all i get is a space but i can get round this by dragging the smilie over to the text box, previewing and changing the [url]s to [img]s.
i recently posted 2 pictures in one post, both copy/pasted from photobucket but have [IMG] instead of [img] (does upper case matter?) but showed as a link instead of image. i did edit one to lower case but all that did was change the then included smilie to a link too so i deleted that altogether after editing the image back to upper case didnt solve the problem

i checked my user CP and i do have images, avatars and signatures enabled.
what am i doing wrong?

elnevio
29-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Some forums on here don't let you hotlink direct to pictures, and only show them as links instead.

The smilies bit doesn't make sense though - if you just click on one from the right-hand side, it should place the relevant text into the main message window, which then shows up as the smilie in the finished post.

How about if you manually type the smilie text in?

E.g. try typing this

/Wave

(I've disable smilies in this post so the text shows)

Scanny
29-06-2009, 07:11 PM
that could be a possibility. i was looking at the pictures posted in the crail meeting post and my pictures were posted in 'other galant' in my V6/GDi thread.

/Wave

that seemed to work :scholar: but it didnt work for the scholar smilie. clicking on it worked though:huh2:

what does the 'automatically parse links in text' mean? parse is a new word to me

elnevio
29-06-2009, 07:57 PM
what does the 'automatically parse links in text' mean? parse is a new word to me
I believe it is the option to automatically turn email addresses and internet addresses into hyperlinks, so when you type www.clubvr4.com for example, it automatically changes it to www.clubvr4.com (http://www.clubvr4.com)