PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hong Kong 2

IvanEC5A
06-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone, I am a EC5A driver from Hong Kong. It is exciting to know that there is a VR4 Club in UK.

My car is '97, auto transmission, red in colour, with minor modifications.....

MTB - have seen your message here. Thanks for telling me this site.

Cheer !!

BraindG
06-06-2003, 04:48 PM
hello and welcome to the site! once youve got some time, would love to see some pictures of your car, over in the pictures forum :D

MTB
06-06-2003, 05:04 PM
gosh! bro ivan! if you call your car 'minor modifications' where should mine belong to then? :D :D :D :D :D

btw, popo is a registered on-line member in this forum too! :D but he has been quite silent over here!

Spirit
06-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Welcome Ivan

Hope you enjoy the site and glad you have joined us.

You say Popo is a member too ! Thats cool - isn't he the guy with the major website that lists masses of info and mods/work he has done to his car ?

Spirit
06-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Is this the Popo you mean ?

http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/

Pete

MTB
07-06-2003, 02:24 AM
yes spirit, that's him, an acquaintance of me and ivan from japan, also a registered member over at usa's galant forum and an honoured member of our galant club! :)

and yes indeed he is VERY resourceful! :D

IvanEC5A
07-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Thanks all for your warm welcome !! :)

Actually someone had posted picture of my car in the Pictures forum and I will post again for some updated one.

MTB, didn't know that you had change the antiroll bar, U did promise to bring me together when u change it ~~ :mad:
Anyway, mine is really minor modified, at least not power up so far..... compare to your e-manage... hehe :D
Go for the Brembo kit ASAP GOGOGO !!

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to change the font size under the signature below ?

MTB
07-06-2003, 06:53 AM
ai-yaaah~~~~ yeah i did promise we go together to install the anti-roll bars but i have totally forgotten about it! my apology ah! :o :o :o :o :o i installed them on thursday INSERT INTO post VALUES (my day-off this week). it only took them 15 mins for the rear but more than 3 hours for the front! have to take down everything first...

ah e-manage... still not working to my expectation...:Cry1:

o do try [ size=1][ /size] INSERT INTO post VALUES (remove the space of course!)

IvanEC5A
07-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Just kidding Bro MTB, don't take it seriosly :D

I though it will have more work to do at the rear instead of the front because the rear antiroll bar goes through the AYC and final drive gear.... not expect that it is the opposite...why it takes so long at the front ?

After installed, how do you feel ?

What is the problem of your e-manage ??

haydar
08-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
Is this the Popo you mean ?

http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/

Pete

Just visited Popo's site. Those rear lights are fantastic. Do they create them for the Legnum as well as the Galant???

IvanEC5A
08-06-2003, 06:04 AM
As I heard that this Evo7-look rear light is made from Taiwan, it fits for all 8th gen Galant.

MTB
08-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by IvanEC5A
Just kidding Bro MTB, don't take it seriosly :D

I though it will have more work to do at the rear instead of the front because the rear antiroll bar goes through the AYC and final drive gear.... not expect that it is the opposite...why it takes so long at the front ?

After installed, how do you feel ?

What is the problem of your e-manage ??

yeah just the opposite. in fact the manual says it should take 30 mins for the rear job and 1 hr for the front. there is enough room for the anti-roll bar to twist around at the rear above the ayc and gear. all the technician did was move it a little this way and that and it came out fairly easily! :)

the front job was different. the vertical axle, front pipe, gear box support and two other brackets were all in the way. the technician first tried to remove the brackets and gearbox support only and see if the old bar could be yanked out. nay. eventually the vertical axle has to be loosened. actually the manual says the front pipe should be removed too!

more bumpy than before, that is my first impression. still no chance to test the effect properly. rainy days and slippery grounds, dont wanna push it too far for the time being! :D

ah, the e-manage! there is a software and firmware conflict between the e-manage and my boost controller and the setting is not edittable now. will have to wait until the upgrade software arrives before the boost controller and the e-manage can recognize each other! and imagine that both of the them are trust INSERT INTO post VALUES (greddy) products! :Cry1:

IvanEC5A
08-06-2003, 02:53 PM
IC, MTB Bro, where you bought the antiroll bar ? Top RaXXng ? For how much and the labour ?

It is a shame for Trust that both products have conflict....and hard to believe that it happens on a Japanese made product. But when you first installed the e-manage, did the conflict apparant to you or not ?

MTB
08-06-2003, 04:28 PM
at ao's rxxing, yau ma tei. hk$3.2k all inclusive. they spent some 4 hours on my car so i guess that's worth it.

nay first time both the e-manage and the boost controller were installed they could communicate with each other. but thats it! 2nd or subsequent communication never worked. they have replaced the e-manage and boost controller for me just to test if its a hardward problem, installation problem or setup problem. no solution.

eventually someone capable of speaking fluent japanese called up the hotline of trust in japan and double-confirmed all procedures were correct. then trust-japan asked one final question what software and firmware version ao's was using and WOH-LA! trust-japan is using firmware 1.29 with support tool 1.20 and ao's firmware 1.25 with support tool 1.10 and this is the origin of incompatibility. now waiting for ao's to upgrade everything...:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

IvanEC5A
08-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Oh, AO Racing, I knwo where it is. So when can they give you the upgrade ?

BTW, can you please help me to acquire the super VR4 hand brake please ?? Thousand thanks !!

P.S. Can you please PM your cell phone no. to me?

MTB
08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
no definite time yet... they have all gone off to atcc racing at malaysia this week... :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

no problem for the handbrake kit lah! i am tallying the quantity at hk galant club forum now and hopefully able to get a larger saving on shipping! :D

check your pm for my num! :D

IvanEC5A
08-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh, thanks. Isn't it an auction item how come they have multiple stock ? I thought there is only one available. It is such a rare item. Anyway thanks in advance mate.