PDA

View Full Version : New 'DRUG DRIVING' bill

Nicky123
01-07-2009, 02:43 AM
With the new legislation coming into force, giving police greater powers to crack down on people driving under the influence of drugs.

Police will have new powers to conduct impairment tests on drivers suspected to be under the influence of drugs from December.

Does anyone know how these impairment tests will be done.

Will people who are suspected of being stoned be offered a cheeseburger and a crunchie bar.

I need to know. I mean I really need to know.......

sightless
01-07-2009, 04:18 AM
me too, i would much prefer a crunchie bar... unles its a cheese burger without pickle

Nicky123
01-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Hmmmmmm.

Pickles

sightless
01-07-2009, 05:26 AM
you evil evil (wo)man!!!:satan: :satan: pickles are the devil

edit, you may not be man

orionn2o
01-07-2009, 09:02 AM
You just can't do anything fun these days!

pitslayer
01-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I guess for pills, they could ask if you want a hug and be there friend, and acid you could ask them why they stopped in bat country

AlanDITD
01-07-2009, 12:34 PM
nah for pills they could play excesivly loud dance music and see if you dance till you drop.

taupodrifta
02-07-2009, 06:11 AM
lmao i agree no one can have fun in this country. well my car will be parked up when they pass this new law then!!!/Hissy :furious3:

Ghost_2008
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Over here they get you to do a multitude of stupid tests, like touch your nose with your eye's closed, stand on one leg and count to ten etc etc...... they are looking for how well you follow instruction more so than how well you do.......

The Germans have a test strip for extacy.............

If you check out the net you will find that false possitives for most drugs are available by taking a multitude of legal medication.......... best thing is to research that bit and find your self a good convincer...........

ie: if you like a smoke, keep a packet of very strong pain killers which contains ibuprofin/codine (I think) and tell the copper you have a bad back and you are taking these pills. IF they take you back to the station and piss test you the pills you have "taken" would give a false possitive.

miller
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
ie: if you like a smoke, keep a packet of very strong pain killers which contains ibuprofin/codine (I think) and tell the copper you have a bad back and you are taking these pills. IF they take you back to the station and piss test you the pills you have "taken" would give a false possitive.

Oh great so the person that wipes me or my family out when stoned now has a way of escaping the fact he/she is uncapable of driving a car in any safe method.

:undecided

sightless
02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
yeah but common, the amount of people that shouldn't be on the road in the first place, let alone have a license is laughable

Alex
02-07-2009, 06:37 PM
You just can't do anything fun these days!

Nothing wrong with having fun, as long as you don't put people at risk.

I don't know what the tests will be, but in my opinion if you decide to do something so reckless as drive after using drugs (or alcohol), you should expect any test the police could possibly do to get a conviction.

Not aimed at you personally (and no allegation intended).

Just my opinon.

Johnny_Cashed
02-07-2009, 08:22 PM
How long after the effects of drugs have worn off are the traces in your system for though? That seems to me to be the problem.

bradc
02-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I've never done any drug of any form in my life, the closest would be Morphine when I had really bad sunburn once.

So personally, I don't give a crap! If anything, it gives the cops something else to focus on instead of the few other things on my car that may cause problems, ie the loud exhaust.

I personally beleive that anything that can lower / impede your ability to drive safely should be banned and should be policed a lot better. This includes prescription painkillers, being tired, having crap tyres, and lots of other things. Naturally in addition to any form of illegal drugs and alcohol. I don't beleive that it will really be focused on though as it is a lot harder to police than simply setting up a camera at the side of the road and taking pictures of cars that are travelling at a speed that is in excess of some arbitrary speed limit that makes no sense.

Unfortunately over here you are more likely to be treated like a criminal if you have a perfectly safe car driving at 115kmh on a big wide stretch of motorway than if you have a complete piece of sh1t that shouldn't be on the road in the first place with crap tyres, brakes and the driver obviously thinks that because they aren't speeding and aren't a young male that they aren't a danger to themselves or other road users.

Johnny_Cashed
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I've never done any drug of any form in my life

Never drank? Hats off to you if that's the case though.

bradc
02-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Alcohol isn't an illegal drug, I probably should have included the word illegal, but meh :P

Ryan
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh great so the person that wipes me or my family out when stoned now has a way of escaping the fact he/she is uncapable of driving a car in any safe method.

:undecided

They'd only be doing like 4mph Mike :p :p

Kitten
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I've never done any drug of any form in my life, the closest would be Morphine when I had really bad sunburn once.

So personally, I don't give a crap! If anything, it gives the cops something else to focus on instead of the few other things on my car that may cause problems, ie the loud exhaust.

I personally beleive that anything that can lower / impede your ability to drive safely should be banned and should be policed a lot better. This includes prescription painkillers, being tired, having crap tyres, and lots of other things. Naturally in addition to any form of illegal drugs and alcohol. I don't beleive that it will really be focused on though as it is a lot harder to police than simply setting up a camera at the side of the road and taking pictures of cars that are travelling at a speed that is in excess of some arbitrary speed limit that makes no sense.

Unfortunately over here you are more likely to be treated like a criminal if you have a perfectly safe car driving at 115kmh on a big wide stretch of motorway than if you have a complete piece of sh1t that shouldn't be on the road in the first place with crap tyres, brakes and the driver obviously thinks that because they aren't speeding and aren't a young male that they aren't a danger to themselves or other road users.

x2.

I've driven with a druggy ex bf. Never again. And because of that, I'd be all for it.

It doesn't bother me as I also have never touched illegal drugs in my life.

djb160
20-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Are mushrooms Illegal?

Ryan
20-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Are mushrooms Illegal?

If you're referring to the Magic variety then most definitely:

Class A: Methamphetamine, Magic Mushrooms, Cocaine, Heroin, LSD (Acid)

source: http://www.police.govt.nz/service/drugs/faq.html