PDA

View Full Version : Want to borrow: Battery charger

Kenneth
03-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Mine is broke.

Galant is running batteries out, so something not quite right. Will swap over some stuff to see if it fixes it, in the mean time I have 2 batteries I need to charge :P

Does someone have a charger they can lend me for about a week?

bow dn
03-07-2009, 04:42 AM
I had the same thing twas my alternator wasnt fun at all, was overcharging aswell @ 16.8 volts

mpau009
03-07-2009, 05:12 AM
Mine is broke.

Galant is running batteries out, so something not quite right. Will swap over some stuff to see if it fixes it, in the mean time I have 2 batteries I need to charge :P

Does someone have a charger they can lend me for about a week?

I have one at the flat at the moment which you can borrow. Not sure what my plans are for the weekend yet, but if you want to come grab it, flick me a text some time?

Kenneth
03-07-2009, 06:02 AM
Cheers mike.

Is it a smart charger by chance? (i.e. turns itself off when the battery is charged?

I managed to fix mine. The one of the diodes in the bridge ectifier must have gone, so I stole one from a PC power supply, figuring that it must be able to easily supply 10A for a PC.

Anyway, only issue of course is that its a dumb charger and just sits there providing power at all times.

mpau009
03-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Cheers mike.

Is it a smart charger by chance? (i.e. turns itself off when the battery is charged?

I managed to fix mine. The one of the diodes in the bridge ectifier must have gone, so I stole one from a PC power supply, figuring that it must be able to easily supply 10A for a PC.

Anyway, only issue of course is that its a dumb charger and just sits there providing power at all times.

Yeah its a proper charge it up type one i think..

Iv left it on for a few days without any issues :P