PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Atf

Kieran
14-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Anyone know where I can get hold of some ATF like, yesterday?

My 'box has started shifting roughly and when I checked the fluid this evening I discovered to my horror that it's a pale tan colour... IE: It's overheated and started to breakdown. :( :( :( This throws this weekend into doubt if I can't get it changed before then.

I need to replace with a fluid to match or exceed the original spec Diaqueen SPII fluid. There's NO way I'm risking Dexron fluid a 100,000 mile transmission.

Anyone know of anywhere that does the fluid other than my dealer?

Kieran
15-06-2004, 01:25 PM
/Cue Kieran pulling his foot out of his mouth:$

I've just had a VERY interesting set of conversations with my local dealer and Morris Lubricants who supply them.

I'm at work so I'll post the full story later, but basically Variava's have been using Dexron III for the last three years. :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

So that makes life a bit easier and less expensive!

Kieran
18-06-2004, 07:57 AM
ARRRGH!!! :end: :io: :help: :furious3: :furious3: :gun2:

Sh1t, ar5e, feck, bugger, bum, bollox, hell, sod it, and ten thousand other curses, swear words and general rantings!!!

Last night's ATF change went a bit pear shaped!!

Anyone know how to seal high pressure hose? There's a rubber hose that joins two transmission lines. The pressure is enough to overcome jubilee clips!

Suggestions?! :furious3:

enigma
18-06-2004, 08:24 AM
First suggestion is that you shouldn't have taken them off!!!!

Next suggestion is to take the hose off and go get the fittings crimped on.

Kieran
18-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Ok, worked it out a bit - I'll post full story later. Basically, one of the ATF hoses split when I went to get it off to flush the valve block/torque converter, etc. The hi-press hose I'd got to make a repair was a little too big in bore - and so the fluid was able to escape. However, with use of a spanner, I've managed to get the clips tight enough to get the car to the local motor factors and get some 8mm fuel injection hose - looks virtually identical to the perished item. :)

I'll have a cuppa and then get on with it. I have photo evidence too! ;)

Nick Mann
18-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Congrats! I wanna see the GLS on track tomorrow! Good luck with the rest of the job.

enigma
18-06-2004, 11:20 AM
GLS GLS GLS

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GLS!

Kieran
18-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Congrats! I wanna see the GLS on track tomorrow! Good luck with the rest of the job.

And i'm pleased to report that you will! All leak-free, smoooooooooooooth, (with a capital 'Smooth') shifting and raring to go! :)

........(Phew!:$)

Nick Mann
18-06-2004, 02:00 PM
:boing3:

Think I might chant with BDA!