PDA

View Full Version : A/T ECU Pinout (Complete) Series 1 Auto Transmission ECU

Kitty's VR4
05-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Ok I have finally completed Auto Transmission ECU Pinout

uploaded/57846/1246769335.jpg

This is a sample as its to large to format to JPG and use here.

I have attached the complete Pinout in PDF format below.

I need to acknowledge & thank Nat for helping with the translations, Peter Thomson for the awesome macro photo's and Kieran for supplying the Japanese Workshop PDF's.

A couple of things to note; firstly while every care has been taken translating from Japanese Manuals to english, I don't accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions. Until I have completed pinouts for the FL-Series 2 A/T ECU I'm a little concerned about 2 pins on the Auto Transmission ECU Pinout, being Pin19 & Pin51 which according to the Japanese Manuals are not connected, but clearly in the photos they are connected to wires....

I think that this style of format makes it more idiot proof, and am considering re-doing the Engine ECU in the same format using photos may also include extra info such as expected voltage ranges, I think using this format makes it easy to identify correct wires when working in the workshop...

Any comments / criticism's welcomed, so if you want me to change formats, let me know....

Davezj
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM
this is good work.

i like the format/layout of the information makes it very readable and the pictures of the connector from each side showing the wire colours is a good ides Nice

thanks for all you effort i know this sort of stuff takes a long time to put together, but as i can see well worth it.

Louis
05-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Well done! :) Very Useful info

Confused
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Excellent - a great asset to the community!

Turbo_Steve
05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Well done Kitty....these are truly awesome, especially as I believe the TCU has remained something of a mystery.

Interesting highlights:-
Diagnostics connector.
Temperature sensor calibration values! So a cheap voltmeter can be used to read mission temperature: hooray!

Input Axis sensor and Output Axis sensor : I assume the TCU uses these to check the gearbox is doing what it should.

Not questions aimed at you Kitty: what you've done is awesome! These are points for general discussion.

Kitty's VR4
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
All good Steve.... Do you think the engine ECU Pinout would benefit from the same treatment? Might make them more workshop friendly.

I'm not sure and I'll do a little schematic tracing to see if the Axis Sensor's have anything to do with Torque split's with TCU/AYC, - just my shot in the dark to get the discussion ball rolling, if I'm wrong shoot the messenger...lol, but I'll have a go at decyphering the schematics and translating them.

Turbo_Steve
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Your bi-linguistic skills are humbling :) Thank you.

And yes, if you feel like melting your brain translating Schematics you'll only end up more popular :D

Davezj
06-07-2009, 06:36 AM
just out of interest what schematics are you looking at are they from the original Jap manual, or do you have another source.

can you post them up as i find reading schematics are better done first hand, although reading japanese is not something i can do, but schematics speek a thousand words and are quite language independant.

Kitty's VR4
06-07-2009, 07:01 AM
just out of interest what schematics are you looking at are they from the original Jap manual, or do you have another source.

They are directly from original Japanese manual PDF's

Kenneth
10-07-2009, 02:22 AM
Great work, have some more rep.

Are you able to do a pin-out for that stupid connector that attaches the gearbox?

Would be greatly helpful to those doing Auto/Manual conversions! (I still need to wire up the reverse light mechanism :P )

bradc
10-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Heh, I don't have reverse lights in my VR-4 and it has never been asked about at a WOF, I don't think it is a legal requirement.

GalantOnly
10-07-2009, 12:02 PM
/secret There's one in member section too.../secret

/yes

Kitty's VR4
12-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Great work, have some more rep.

Are you able to do a pin-out for that stupid connector that attaches the gearbox?

Would be greatly helpful to those doing Auto/Manual conversions! (I still need to wire up the reverse light mechanism :P )

Sorry Kenneth, haven't been watching the tread (working on other Pinouts - ABS & TCU) I'll try and get that gearbox connector pinout done during the next week

Kenneth
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Not so worried about WOF, I mainly want them hooked up for safety purposes...

Heh, I don't have reverse lights in my VR-4 and it has never been asked about at a WOF, I don't think it is a legal requirement.

Kenneth
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Cheers, much appreciated :)

Sorry Kenneth, haven't been watching the tread (working on other Pinouts - ABS & TCU) I'll try and get that gearbox connector pinout done during the next week

GalantOnly
13-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Kenneth, the red/green wire from the black selector switch connector is for the reverse light and R light in the dash...

Kenneth
13-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Cheers for that :) I'll take a look at it.

lateshow
23-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Bringing this up, since we're looking for the torque convertor control pin. Does anyone have any idea which it is. Documentation gives no help on that matter.

Oudi
30-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Thankfully